July Photo of the Month Winner
Theme: Action
Pictured: Zoey
Submitted by: Borellar15
Zoey Loves Swimming

New option for posting images: Image

Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

Just registered? Read This.
August Theme is Hiking

Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds

July Runner Up
Pictured: Karma
Submitted by: Wes Thomas

Blue Buffalo Recall

Dietary/feeding issues
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.

Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by centrop67 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:40 pm

http://iheartdogs.com/urgent-blue-buffa ... ign=buffer

Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight, Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables
12.5 ounce can
UPC: 8-40243-10017-0
Codes: Best By 08/03/2019 (located on the bottom of the can)
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Mark77
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own two Dutchies and a Mal.

Re: Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by Mark77 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:08 pm

Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:54 am

I switched from Blue, to Wellness core, I always felt that as a brand gets bigger because of marketing, the quality tends to slack because now everybody is looking at their numbers

TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 am

I don't think they've had a single recall on kibble. It's only been the canned stuff. I feed Blue. I might switch to Merrick though-I looked into it and found that for just a few bucks more/bag I can have it delivered. I've never had a problem with Blue kibble. My big girl has been eating it for a decade.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:03 pm

TimL_168 wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 am
I don't think they've had a single recall on kibble. It's only been the canned stuff. I feed Blue. I might switch to Merrick though-I looked into it and found that for just a few bucks more/bag I can have it delivered. I've never had a problem with Blue kibble. My big girl has been eating it for a decade.
I believe you're right about the kibble. It's excellent stuff, I know. Of course after reading something sometime or another I let it dictate that this is the reason Duke was overly excessively drinking water, blah blah blah. I will say his coat does appear much more silky smooth with this wellness core. You are what you eat ^_^

never understood how people could spend 13.99 on a 22lb bag and feed it to their dogs. His huge bag might cost nearly $70 but it last about a month. $2.30 a day to feed quality, a dollar a meal, woooo big deal. People get hung up on the price tag, break it down

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 am

I look at Rogue this way, She is my Lamborghini. I would never put junk in my Lamborghini, therefore I would never buy junk dog food for my dog. Its ok to spend money on quality food.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG