Blue Buffalo Recall

Dietary/feeding issues
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by centrop67 »

http://iheartdogs.com/urgent-blue-buffa ... ign=buffer

Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Healthy Weight, Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables
12.5 ounce can
UPC: 8-40243-10017-0
Codes: Best By 08/03/2019 (located on the bottom of the can)
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Re: Blue Buffalo Recall

Post by Mark77 »

Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

I switched from Blue, to Wellness core, I always felt that as a brand gets bigger because of marketing, the quality tends to slack because now everybody is looking at their numbers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

I don't think they've had a single recall on kibble. It's only been the canned stuff. I feed Blue. I might switch to Merrick though-I looked into it and found that for just a few bucks more/bag I can have it delivered. I've never had a problem with Blue kibble. My big girl has been eating it for a decade.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

TimL_168 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:22 am I don't think they've had a single recall on kibble. It's only been the canned stuff. I feed Blue. I might switch to Merrick though-I looked into it and found that for just a few bucks more/bag I can have it delivered. I've never had a problem with Blue kibble. My big girl has been eating it for a decade.
I believe you're right about the kibble. It's excellent stuff, I know. Of course after reading something sometime or another I let it dictate that this is the reason Duke was overly excessively drinking water, blah blah blah. I will say his coat does appear much more silky smooth with this wellness core. You are what you eat ^_^

never understood how people could spend 13.99 on a 22lb bag and feed it to their dogs. His huge bag might cost nearly $70 but it last about a month. $2.30 a day to feed quality, a dollar a meal, woooo big deal. People get hung up on the price tag, break it down
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

I look at Rogue this way, She is my Lamborghini. I would never put junk in my Lamborghini, therefore I would never buy junk dog food for my dog. Its ok to spend money on quality food.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG