August Photo of the Month Winner
Image
Theme: Hiking
Pictured: Ten
Submitted by: DebiAndTen
Hiking Love

September Theme is Training
Image
Just registered? Read This.

Attention New Members: If you sign up and don't receive an activation email right away, send an email to Centrop67 at gmail, and I will activate you manually.

Featured Topics
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
A Malaherd?
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds


Click Here for the forum Image Facebook page.

New option for posting images: Image


Any members using Chewy.com?

Dietary/feeding issues
Post Reply
User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by centrop67 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:39 am

(Asking for a friend) :lol:

If not, do you purchase from a similar service/website, and which one?

If so, are you using the scheduled delivery?

If you've used the site, what is your opinion?
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

User avatar
TimL_168
Training Dog
Posts: 843
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:11 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.
Location: central MD

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by TimL_168 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am

I use chewy for En's food. It's significantly cheaper than the only local site that carries merrick. It's a good service. You can adjust your delivery date as needed in auto ship.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

User avatar
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1849
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:42 pm
Tell us about yourself: Accidental DS rescuer. Human companion to Radar and Leela. Owner of the site, looking to make this the top site for information and discussion on Dutch Shepherds.
Location: Cutler Bay, FL, USA

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by centrop67 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:23 pm

TimL_168 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am
I use chewy for En's food
Have you had to use their customer service, or has everything gone smooth over the website?
Michael
The pack -> Radar (DS), Leela (Mal?), and Karen (Human) - Cutler Bay, FL USA
RIP: Tequila and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

ICE
Green Dog
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:32 am
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by ICE » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:04 pm

I have always had good luck dealing with Chewy. Their prices are usually better than anywhere else. A few months ago I ordered 3 elevated dog beds, 1 came in the wrong color. I contacted them and they replied quickly. Told me to donate the wrong color and shipped the correct one out immediately.
Patty and Ice

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm

I get deliveries every Friday! I've always had excellent service

User avatar
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 5310
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
Location: Ct, USA
Contact:

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Dutchringgirl » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:01 pm

do I use chewey.com??? HAHAHAHAHA All of the time, there is always a chewy box on my front porch. They are great
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:28 am

Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm
I get deliveries every Friday! I've always had excellent service
What do you have delivered?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:31 am

Ok so I went crazy and filled up my cart at Pet Smart with toys and treats and the bill was over $300.00! :eek:
After a few turns of my head to screw it on tight, I looked at the Chewys site and the prices were 1/3 of PS!!! :pint: :eek:
I had purchased from Chewy’s before but instant gratification had a tight grip.
I used the bar code scanner available on their site and reordered the stuff I really wanted and returned the rest. It was sick!!!!
Rogue is not allowed to just sniff and show interest in something and expect mommy to put it in the cart. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME THAT DAY????
Lol. Thank God my husband doesn’t say anything about stuff like that. He just says it’s my money 💰.
Really I’m not a spender. He knows that so I had that going for me.
As far as customer service, they are great. They sent me a random huge order of wet cat food. I called to return it. Not mine. Not my order. They had me just donate it. Cool!!!!
AND....they have sent Rogue greeting cards. Super cute!!! :love:
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am

I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Joxgirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am
I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Petsmart bought them out but it's still awesome! I've order crates and things and they came in the wrong color and they said just donate it to a rescue and send the right one! I get my dog food and treats and random bones and stuff.. I also order my birds food and everything for them and my fish tanks... it's so easy I don't have to go to the pet store and get annoyed and all the dumb shit I see the pet store trainers doing lol

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm
Joxgirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am
I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Petsmart bought them out but it's still awesome! I've order crates and things and they came in the wrong color and they said just donate it to a rescue and send the right one! I get my dog food and treats and random bones and stuff.. I also order my birds food and everything for them and my fish tanks... it's so easy I don't have to go to the pet store and get annoyed and all the dumb shit I see the pet store trainers doing lol
You mentioned buying your crates there. Do you have a recommendation on a crate? It’s for Rogue. We have one that has been loaned to us and I want to buy our own. I thought it was my in laws crate. They had borrowed it from a friend and through conversation I found out it want. I don’t like to borrow from friends or friends of family for long periods of time. Anyway....I want a good long lasting crate. It’s basically for sleeping in at night at this point.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Posts: 586
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:43 pm
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies
Location: Long Island

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:16 pm

Joxgirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Steve Gossmeyer wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm
Joxgirl wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am
I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Petsmart bought them out but it's still awesome! I've order crates and things and they came in the wrong color and they said just donate it to a rescue and send the right one! I get my dog food and treats and random bones and stuff.. I also order my birds food and everything for them and my fish tanks... it's so easy I don't have to go to the pet store and get annoyed and all the dumb shit I see the pet store trainers doing lol
You mentioned buying your crates there. Do you have a recommendation on a crate? It’s for Rogue. We have one that has been loaned to us and I want to buy our own. I thought it was my in laws crate. They had borrowed it from a friend and through conversation I found out it want. I don’t like to borrow from friends or friends of family for long periods of time. Anyway....I want a good long lasting crate. It’s basically for sleeping in at night at this point.
I order crates from them for the rescue dogs and board and trains I have here.. for my dutchie I use ruff tuff kennels and callies is pink lol

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:17 pm

What???? Oh I want a pink one. Where did you get your rough tough????
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Joxgirl
Working Dog
Posts: 1086
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:38 pm
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS.
Location: Southern California

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by Joxgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Ruff Tuff
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 1 year old
Joachimstaler @ IG

Post Reply