Any members using Chewy.com?

Dietary/feeding issues
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by centrop67 »

(Asking for a friend) :lol:

If not, do you purchase from a similar service/website, and which one?

If so, are you using the scheduled delivery?

If you've used the site, what is your opinion?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Any members using Chewy.com?

Post by TimL_168 »

I use chewy for En's food. It's significantly cheaper than the only local site that carries merrick. It's a good service. You can adjust your delivery date as needed in auto ship.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

TimL_168 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:54 am I use chewy for En's food
Have you had to use their customer service, or has everything gone smooth over the website?
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Post by ICE »

I have always had good luck dealing with Chewy. Their prices are usually better than anywhere else. A few months ago I ordered 3 elevated dog beds, 1 came in the wrong color. I contacted them and they replied quickly. Told me to donate the wrong color and shipped the correct one out immediately.
Patty and Ice
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I get deliveries every Friday! I've always had excellent service
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

do I use chewey.com??? HAHAHAHAHA All of the time, there is always a chewy box on my front porch. They are great
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:00 pm I get deliveries every Friday! I've always had excellent service
What do you have delivered?
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Ok so I went crazy and filled up my cart at Pet Smart with toys and treats and the bill was over $300.00! :eek:
After a few turns of my head to screw it on tight, I looked at the Chewys site and the prices were 1/3 of PS!!! :pint: :eek:
I had purchased from Chewy’s before but instant gratification had a tight grip.
I used the bar code scanner available on their site and reordered the stuff I really wanted and returned the rest. It was sick!!!!
Rogue is not allowed to just sniff and show interest in something and expect mommy to put it in the cart. WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME THAT DAY????
Lol. Thank God my husband doesn’t say anything about stuff like that. He just says it’s my money 💰.
Really I’m not a spender. He knows that so I had that going for me.
As far as customer service, they are great. They sent me a random huge order of wet cat food. I called to return it. Not mine. Not my order. They had me just donate it. Cool!!!!
AND....they have sent Rogue greeting cards. Super cute!!! :love:
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Joxgirl wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Petsmart bought them out but it's still awesome! I've order crates and things and they came in the wrong color and they said just donate it to a rescue and send the right one! I get my dog food and treats and random bones and stuff.. I also order my birds food and everything for them and my fish tanks... it's so easy I don't have to go to the pet store and get annoyed and all the dumb shit I see the pet store trainers doing lol
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm
Joxgirl wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:40 am I heard Chewys was bought out by Pet Co or Pet Smart. Still they have great prices.
Petsmart bought them out but it's still awesome! I've order crates and things and they came in the wrong color and they said just donate it to a rescue and send the right one! I get my dog food and treats and random bones and stuff.. I also order my birds food and everything for them and my fish tanks... it's so easy I don't have to go to the pet store and get annoyed and all the dumb shit I see the pet store trainers doing lol
You mentioned buying your crates there. Do you have a recommendation on a crate? It’s for Rogue. We have one that has been loaned to us and I want to buy our own. I thought it was my in laws crate. They had borrowed it from a friend and through conversation I found out it want. I don’t like to borrow from friends or friends of family for long periods of time. Anyway....I want a good long lasting crate. It’s basically for sleeping in at night at this point.
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog

Joxgirl wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:49 pm
Steve Gossmeyer wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:40 pm
You mentioned buying your crates there. Do you have a recommendation on a crate? It’s for Rogue. We have one that has been loaned to us and I want to buy our own. I thought it was my in laws crate. They had borrowed it from a friend and through conversation I found out it want. I don’t like to borrow from friends or friends of family for long periods of time. Anyway....I want a good long lasting crate. It’s basically for sleeping in at night at this point.
I order crates from them for the rescue dogs and board and trains I have here.. for my dutchie I use ruff tuff kennels and callies is pink lol
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

What???? Oh I want a pink one. Where did you get your rough tough????
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG
Joxgirl
Working Dog

Post by Joxgirl »

Ruff Tuff
Saralee
Joachimstaler @ IG