7 month old DS, picky eater, any suggestions?

Dietary/feeding issues
epet
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Middle school orchestra teacher in St. Louis, MO, USA~own a 7 month old DS, female, lots of energy and drive, love her to death!

7 month old DS, picky eater, any suggestions?

Post by epet »

HI - I'm new to DS Forum and have a pup that has had vomiting/diarrhea issues until putting her on Prescription Diet ID food from my vet. She's been on it for 4 months and we're ready to transition her to something organic and grain-free. Any suggestions? I've read a lot of info about holistic food, and tried to transition her twice without success (more stomach issues). Thanks!
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Re: 7 month old DS, picky eater, any suggestions?

Post by icvanstra »

two theories:
1) very slowly transition the food. i.e. mix 90/10 old to new for a couple of day, then 80/20 and then 70/30, etc...

2) stop feeding the old, fast the dog, and then start with a little bit of the new food

what have you tried so far in regards to moving the dog off of the Rx food?

Also, please take a moment and go to the "new member announcements" area and tell us about yourself. You can also go here and it will show you how to set up a signature.

Welcome to the forum and good luck!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Re: 7 month old DS, picky eater, any suggestions?

Post by Kristie E »

Hi,
Just wondering what you tried before. Gwen had problems and lots of diareah with high protein no grain foods.. we have it all sorted out now. She also had issues with dairy added...
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve