Weird thing after eating.

Dietary/feeding issues
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Weird thing after eating.

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie is 7 months now, every time after eating she walks into the other room, and sort of motions like she is going to throw up. She arches her back a bit and makes the head motion and licks, once in a while she lets out a small whine. She has never thrown up though (yippe) It only lasts for about a minute then she is fine. When I got her at 4 months she ate so fast, I always put toys in her bowl to slow her down, Its working fine, she eats alot slower but still a bit fast. Just wondering what is going on? She eats 3 times a day.

Thanks
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Re: Weird thing after eating.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Sugar sometimes throws up some food or water. She will definitely throw up after drinking water if she has too much at one time, and the vet recommended raising her water dish, which I've done. She hardly does it anymore.

Also, now that its Spring, has she been eating grass? That will so it!
Sue (and Sugar)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

At breakfast and lunch I had Sadie inside and Thalie outside, neither has food aggression but I wanted to test that theory, it worked, Saide was fine. She may be a bit anxious about thalie even though Thalie dosnt do anything.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Libbyt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I live in NC with my husband, daughter and son. With three Westies and 2 cats already in our family, we recently acquired a Dutch Shepherd as a service dog for our daughter, Sally.

Post by Libbyt »

Sasha did that quite a lot when we first got her, she would throw up dog biscuits, water, grass, food, etc. She's finally calmed down and doesn't do it at all now. We had a rough time getting her to eat food AT ALL in the beginning. Sally was feeding her in her kennel in the mornings, all alone, and she lost probably 5-6 lbs. over a couple of weeks. We discovered by accident that she wants to eat when our whole family is in the kitchen, cooking supper, running in and out. She happily gobbles down her food amidst all the commotion.......whatever the reason, it has worked and she has gained most of the weight back.
Libby
Mom of Sally and her DS BFF, Sasha
dutchringdog
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Post by dutchringdog »

Libbyt wrote:Sasha did that quite a lot when we first got her, she would throw up dog biscuits, water, grass, food, etc. She's finally calmed down and doesn't do it at all now. We had a rough time getting her to eat food AT ALL in the beginning. Sally was feeding her in her kennel in the mornings, all alone, and she lost probably 5-6 lbs. over a couple of weeks. We discovered by accident that she wants to eat when our whole family is in the kitchen, cooking supper, running in and out. She happily gobbles down her food amidst all the commotion.......whatever the reason, it has worked and she has gained most of the weight back.

Awww, thats cute! Sadie has a few anxieties about Thalie so Ive been keeping them farther apart, Thalie dosnt do anything but come over and check, and when I let them outside, If Thalie goes first she turns around and herds Sadie, Thalie does that to the Basset hound too, but Sadie dosnt like it.
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
http://www.designsbyclyne.com
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

If she eats like Gwen maybe she isn't chewing her food and some is getting stuck..???? Gwen is getting to the point now where I can tell she is chewing it but when I first got her she ate like the food was running out of her bowl...
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Maybe she just likes the food warm :player: :puke: :lmao:

Sorry... :roll:

Anyway, Ivil has it very rarely, usually when she thinks we are going some place when she is eating, like I accidentally touch my jacket while she is eating, than the whole bowl is swallowed in a second and comes right back out 20 seconds after :eew: I let her eat it again, otherwise I have to clean it up myself :wtg: :dssmile:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

ow, not the bowl itlself...just the food :mrgreen:
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Marjolein wrote: Anyway, Ivil has it very rarely, usually when she thinks we are going some place when she is eating, like I accidentally touch my jacket while she is eating
LOL!!
Sue (and Sugar)

dutchringdog
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a single mom with two great children and a lovely DS

Post by dutchringdog »

Marjolein wrote:

I let her eat it again, otherwise I have to clean it up myself :wtg: :dssmile:
:eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew: :eew:
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie
dutchringdog
Green Dog

Post by dutchringdog »

she seems better when Thalie is farther away. I know she dosnt chew, sometimes when im doing training with the food, I give her the reward and she dosnt even know she got it because it goes down so fast.
Lisa , Thalie, Sadie