Little lumps

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Little lumps

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie has three pea sized lumps, no...... not between her ears :whistle:

One on her side, on on her back and one sort of in the middle, I can grab them and pull them away from her body so It seems they are just in the skin, not attached to anything. I noticed them about a month ago and check them and they dont seem to be growing. Any ideas? Thalie has had a a large pancake globule like thing on her lower hip for years and hasnt grown or moved.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Re: Little lumps

Post by leih merigian »

I don't know if it's the same thing, but Geyser gets these little cysts that appear, and then disappear, quite suddenly. Asked my vet about it, and she said, "yep, shepherds are known for that."

G's only had about three of them, over time. They didn't seem to be as movabable as you describe Sadie's, tho.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Interesting. I dont remember when Thalies appeared, it was years ago and hasnt changed, its about and inch and a half in diameter.

It struck me as odd that 3 appeared at the same time, I think there may be a fourth at the base of her neck but she is such a worm its hard to pinpoint it.
ImageImage
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

That doesn't ring a bell with me at all. It doesn't sound like areas where lymphatic tissue is found. So I am stumped. I would say if they stay... I would have cells drawn off just to be on the same side. Maybe she is getting "stuck" with something from a plant or something and developing a reaction to something like that??
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Dutchringgirl »

She does go in the bushes all of the time. They are hard too.
ImageImage