Diabetes

MyaDOG
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I'm Brandon and have recently added Mya to our family. I also have a German Shepherd named Shadow. Mya is a 3 year old female Dutchie, she is a tiny ball of energy with super high prey and toy drive.

Diabetes

Post by MyaDOG »

• Well Hello all again.

Mya is now 6ish and was recently diagnosed with Diabetes. She is now on Caninsulin and getting her sugars under control. Never had a dog with Diabetes, I am so it makes it a little easier to understand. Still Sucks for my little girl. Anyone else with a Diabetic Dutchy??
Brandon Partridge
A balanced dog is a display of a balanced life :)
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Diabetes

Post by Raven »

Neither of my DSs have had been diabetic, but I had a dog who was insulin-dependent twice a day (and urine-tested twice per day...until the tests weren't reflecting true readings).

Glad to hear she's doing better! Poor girl. (Poor mom, too. Diabetes can be tricky.)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Stacy_R
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: 3 dogs and graying hair thanks primarily to Tyson...

Re: Diabetes

Post by Stacy_R »

I have no experience with diabetes (human or canine), thankfully. I am part of a Raw-feeder forum that does not discriminate if you don't feed raw and the people there are knowledgeable about all sorts of things. It is a yahoo group called Raw-Lite. Feel free to join and post questions there. Just make sure you give as much info as possible: age, weight, diet, etc.
~Stacy
Mom to:
Tyson - DS mix (Hendrix's Soul Sibling and Dinga Roo's long lost twin)
Baby Ruth - Miniature Schnauzer
Snickers - Miniature Pinscher
http://www.rescuedme.org