Is anyone have tried giving Cannabis to their pets for Medical purposes?

Shyama438
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Im a dog lover and dogs are my bestfriends

Is anyone have tried giving Cannabis to their pets for Medical purposes?

Post by Shyama438 »

My dog is suffered from cfs (chronic fatigue syndrome). I noticed that he's been laying all the time and to lazy to get up and get outside for walk or playing. I tried to give him medications as what my veterinarian suggested me to do. But nothing is working. So, as I have searching for other options, I have read many articles about cannabis and how it can help them in terms of chronic pain, bone injuries, eating disorder, inflammation, and a lot more. Like this article www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/blue-power/. Alternatively, they've also found new ways to infuse cannabis on food and beverages. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Re: Is anyone have tried giving Cannabis to their pets for Medical purposes?

Post by borellar15 »

I’ve heard of the use of CBD oils and treats to calm them for anxiety and stress purposes but I’ve yet to hear about actual cannabis products containing THC as a means of treatment for them but idk.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I gave my Thalie cbd oil for a year for her arthritis. It helped tremendously !!!! I recommend it for dogs or for anyone for that matter.

How old is your dog? he could also have Lyme, but none of the tests are any good. ( dont tell me they are because I have been researching Lyme for many years)

I had looked up the 20 best cbd oils. they do make some for dogs because of the different dosing but I actually got mine from my local health food store, they had one of the top oils there. It was human dosage but I just started with one drop and in 20 minutes saw a difference. I , over days, slowly upped the dose.

I give it to Sadie who is a very anxious dog and has double Hip Displasia and it helps too

I highly recommend cbd oil. Ill see if I can find my list of the top brands. Dont just go buy anyone of them .make sure they have the lab tests available
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

THC needs a medical licence. you really dont need that. CBD oil is just as good and does not have THC
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Vhyran
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello there! I own a white german shepherd and a 1 year old Dutch shepherd called "Wega" He's my workind dog and I'm working in a Security Company for Events :)

Post by Vhyran »

Yes, I am using CBD Oil for Wega's excited tremor. When he is in prey mode, his whole body is shaking like crazy, like is freezing to death.
My vet gave us CBD oil and it is a lot besser now.
sysyphus
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Foxy

Post by sysyphus »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:07 pm THC needs a medical licence. you really dont need that. CBD oil is just as good and does not have THC
Not in Canada...