Hector

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
asheleylane
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Asheley Winters, have had Dutch Shepherds for 12+ years!

Hector

Post by asheleylane »

Hey!
Josh isn't here to reply, he went to dinner at a friend's house while I sit here and "babysit" the maintenance guy installing new pasture gates. :moo: Josh did take Hector with, as there should be a gaggle of kids available to play with him during dinner :yeah:
Hector is a sweetie.... thankfully I don't have to deal with the biting because he is Josh's puppy! I get to have snuggles on occ., and help with the baths and other cleaning but that is about the extent of it.

Besides, I have my own little pain in the butt puppy to keep me occupied. "Donkey puppy" as she is known right now.
As well as getting Bonita ready to trial in just a few weeks.

We certainly love Hector's nerves and desire to bite! Josh is having a good time with him.
asheleylane
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Asheley Winters, have had Dutch Shepherds for 12+ years!

Re: Hector

Post by asheleylane »

asheleylane wrote:Hey!
Josh isn't here to reply, he went to dinner at a friend's house while I sit here and "babysit" the maintenance guy installing new pasture gates. :moo: Josh did take Hector with, as there should be a gaggle of kids available to play with him during dinner :yeah:
Hector is a sweetie.... thankfully I don't have to deal with the biting because he is Josh's puppy! I get to have snuggles on occ., and help with the baths and other cleaning but that is about the extent of it.
Besides, I have my own little pain in the butt puppy to keep me occupied. "Donkey puppy" as she is known right now.
As well as getting Bonita ready to trial in just a few weeks.

I have spent way too long this evening getting those photos to load!!!
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

That bath picture :love: I want to judt pick him up in a towel and hug the little thing. So darn cute! Look at that dirty water too :lol: I guess he really did need that bath (in order to be allowed into the bed with you) :mrgreen:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Hey Ash! What cuties!

Good luck with Benta's upcoming trial. I bet she's very glad to be back to work :) .
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Do all americans wash puppies? :shock: I've never washed mine... :roll: :oops:
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

I've always washed mine, but then, I'm an American<g>.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
asheleylane
Puppy

Post by asheleylane »

Marjolein, maybe you have just been blessed with puppies that are clean in their crates :wtg:

Oh, and no Van Leeuwen lines anywhere close - unless more than 3 gen. back, behind Leiru (perhaps the origins of Boro, he after all was known to be an extremely powerful and civil dog!?) or behind Winnie (who is listed as sired by Pecco Pegge, dam unknown but must have been a striped female) :huh:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

asheleylane wrote:Marjolein, maybe you have just been blessed with puppies that are clean in their crates :wtg:

Oh, and no Van Leeuwen lines anywhere close - unless more than 3 gen. back, behind Leiru (perhaps the origins of Boro, he after all was known to be an extremely powerful and civil dog!?) or behind Winnie (who is listed as sired by Pecco Pegge, dam unknown but must have been a striped female) :huh:

uhm, yep, so far no poo-ing in crates, the one I have here now was so clever to sit with her butt firmly pressed against the wire-crate, sqeeuzing the pooh out of the crate... offcourse you have to move around while doing so, so the pooh was scattered nicely all around the crate for me to clean up. Inside the crate it was relatively clean, except for some drippings hangin' from the wire :puke:

Thanx for the line-info, I had already found more info's bij looking on your website ;) She has a similar "wide" skull like the van Leeuwen lines, that's why I thought maybe she was related.
asheleylane
Puppy

Post by asheleylane »

Uh, that sounds like a very smart puppy. But GROSS!!
Yes, the wide head is prevalent in my lines I think, passed very strongly from Leiru.
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Very cute pics, Asheley!

Letty has not needed a bath yet either. She has not had any accidents in her crate. She is in an xpen during the day while we are at work and she potties in there on the pads. I'm not sure at what age we can expect her to hold it while we are gone but I think it'll be awhile yet. I'm only getting about 4 or 5 hours overnight til she wakes me up to go potty. Vada got a bath the other day for rolling in rotting animal flesh. :eew:

I think Vada has a very wide head (Dana X Leiru). Especially compared to our male, Narc (Asta X Nia I think).

Letty got to be the demo dog at an agility seminar today. It was so fun to watch her working with the presenter and tugging with her.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
asheleylane
Puppy

Post by asheleylane »

k9katet wrote:
Letty got to be the demo dog at an agility seminar today. It was so fun to watch her working with the presenter and tugging with her.
Sounds like you guys had a great experience at the seminar this weekend!
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote:
She has not had any accidents in her crate.
Geyser hasn't had an accident in her crate, either (not counting the long ride home from the airport when I couldn't stop immediately).

But, she has had a bath...just an experience I wanted her to have, as they will be a part of her life, if infrequent.

Good going with the seminar!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser