Mokume lost his first tooth!

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
feraloup
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Artist, Mother, Equestrienne, Educator, Homesteader wannabe, dog-lover. Not counting my current DS, I have had 2 GSDs and 3 rescued mixed-breeds. All of these dogs were rescues, except for my childhood GSD, who was a gift from my parents when I was 7, and my current DS who I bartered artwork for from the breeder. Maiyou, one of my current dogs, is a Pitbull/New Guinea Singing Dog of 13 years old. Still very active and "Young" in nature. I now also have a DS named Mokume, (pronounced "Moh-koo-meh") or "Moko" for short. Newest member of our pack is Freyja, a random mixed hound I rescued during a horseback trip in the middle of a state forest.

Mokume lost his first tooth!

Post by feraloup »

Oh they grow so fast! *lol* So Moko turned 15 weeks old on Tuesday, and the day after that, yesterday, he lost his first tooth! One of his upper, widdle teeny middle fwont teef. ;)

I can already see a spot of white in the pocket where the big-boy tooth is starting to show through, and the real miracle? I actually have the baby tooth! *lol* My son, who hasn't started losing teeth yet, but who has older friends who have started that process, wanted to know if he could put Moko's tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. I had to explain that it's Mokume's tooth, and trying to fake out the tooth fairy with substitutions is poor-form, and she's too smart to fall for it anyway... and he'll just have to wait until he starts to lose his own. :lol:

It's kinda cool, I know puppies teethe and lose teeth all the time, but rarely are those found! They usually get swallowed or chewed or are left behind somewhere they won't be seen, (after all, dogs don't feel a need to hang onto it for the tooth fairy!) So I was kind of shocked and amazed to actually have this thing. :)

He was doing one of his free-play sessions in the kitchen, chasing his Chobani yogurt container around the floor, when he paused and was doing that dog-with-peanut-butter licking, chewing, air-biting, thing. Then I heard a tiny clicking sound as something hit the floor, so I dove for it before he could get it, thinking maybe he'd worked a scrap of plastic off the container and I didn't want him to swallow it, especially since he's still recovering from the acute inflammitory gastroenteritis. I was examining it, then looked in his mouth and noticed the litte gap in front. :)
Autumn Dufresne

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys." ~Chief Dan George
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Mokume lost his first tooth!

Post by Christie M »

Cuteness and congratulations. I rarely end up with any either - especially one so small! t'll be a very bloody few weeks for you!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Geremy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: greets from germany!
my name ist stephanie and we have 2 dutchies.
boyd´s bullriding geremy - he is now 5 years and trained in mondioring, SAR and K9
and there is his halfbrother boyd´s bullriding I.Q. he is trained in KNPV and mondioring.

Re: Mokume lost his first tooth!

Post by Geremy »

new job for the tooth fairy :-))))