Cardboard Rug<g>

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Cardboard Rug<g>

Post by leih merigian »

I keep trying to give Geyser a nice rug in her Xpen. Nothing doing! She just thinks it's a huge chew toy :roll: .

I often give her a box to mess with and tear up, and recently, she broke one down and started using it as a rug :lol: .

A cardboard rug is better than no rug, I figure...

leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
syzygy
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have two wonderful van Neerland Dutch Shepherds and play a little at UKC events.

Re: Cardboard Rug<g>

Post by syzygy »

Funny! She looks quite proud of her flattened box.

Why is it--they never choose the 65-dollar Cabela's dog bed. Like a cat--whose favorite toy, according to surveys--the ring off the milk jug. Forget the battery-operated computer-controlled crazy mouse toy you paid a fortune for.

My dogs do tend to play with them some, but I really like using empty horse feed sacks in my 400 crates when traveling. If there is a mishap--from either end--you can just remove the top sack and throw it away. A stack of about four or five sacks makes a nice comfy bed <<g>>. I've transported friends' dogs and they tell me that carefully shredded feed sack is even comfier :) Nothing fancy about that, either.

Ellisa
"I have gone off to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

It looks pretty....uhm, trendy, I guess. Very enviromenlty friendly and stuff :roll: :lol: Just a modern dog, real trendwatcher 8-)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

syzygy wrote:Funny! She looks quite proud of her flattened box.

Why is it--they never choose the 65-dollar Cabela's dog bed. Like a cat--whose favorite toy, according to surveys--the ring off the milk jug. Forget the battery-operated computer-controlled crazy mouse toy you paid a fortune for.

My dogs do tend to play with them some, but I really like using empty horse feed sacks in my 400 crates when traveling. If there is a mishap--from either end--you can just remove the top sack and throw it away. A stack of about four or five sacks makes a nice comfy bed <<g>>. I've transported friends' dogs and they tell me that carefully shredded feed sack is even comfier :) Nothing fancy about that, either.

Ellisa
That's a great idea...

I have horse stall mats cut into crate mats for her crates, so she's good to go there (what a big job that was, let me tell you!).

I like the ease and disposability of your method, tho!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Marjolein wrote:It looks pretty....uhm, trendy, I guess. Very enviromenlty friendly and stuff :roll: :lol: Just a modern dog, real trendwatcher 8-)
That's my girl! :wtg:
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser