white marks

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
turgi11
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: i have a dutch shpherd

white marks

Post by turgi11 »

hey everyone. im new here, i got a new dutch shepherd puppie and she is 2 month old. she have a whith spot in the chest and in the feets. i read that is not so good but why? it meen she is mix or it has other explanation? and what age her hear will stand?

thank you
Gal
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
turgi11
Puppy

white marks

Post by turgi11 »

hey everyone. im new here, i got a new dutch shepherd puppie and she is 2 month old. she have a whith spot in the chest and in the feets. i read that is not so good but why? it meen she is mix or it has other explanation? and what age her hear will stand?

thank you
Gal
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: white marks

Post by vneerland »

Welcome Gal! We love having you here. Would you mind telling us a wee bit more about yourself? Like your gender, where you live, and something about your dog(s?) beyond the fact that they have white marks? :player:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

White on the chest is rare with the FCI registered bloodlines. White on the feet non existent (I think?)
In KNPV, both happens and the good news for you is that you will not see it anymore as your pup grows up. Everything seems to grow, but the white spots remain the same. Or so it seems. Depending on where you live, I would guess you have a pup out of KNPV bloodlines.
Ears will stand earlier in a dog that is not going to be very large as an adult, later with a big (boned) dog. Usually, they go up and down, but most will start to stand by 4 months of age, and should go up to stay up after teething 4/5 months. Bigger ears (again: mostly KNPV pups) will also have a harder time standing than dainty little correct ears. Be patient though, most ears will eventually stand.
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

NOTE: this topic/post was put into two different categories. I merged it from "new member announcements" into this area.
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

First of all thank you for the answer. I'll try upload pictures soon. I'm gal from Israel, 25. I had a Swiss shepherd before and it the first time for me know this dog bc they are very rare here in Israel and it only few of them. I'm a student right now.just got the puppy few days ago and she is still crying a lot. I'll like to hear more about this dog if someone want to tell and if someone know more about white foots and why is happen?
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

White foots are really rare in pedigree lines that are not mixed with KNPV lines :D I've never seen them in the pedigree litters I saw in Holland. I'm really curious where you found a DS in Israel? They have only been acknowledged for a short time there, and I only know of one breeder there, Levi's kennel or something like that.
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

it is someone who bring them from Holland from what he said. im trying upload pictures if someone can tell me how bc it is not working for now then you all can see her better. i give her for now a belcando food with lamb and rice. on the food it said for her weight 80g and i give her around 90-100 in day and she still just looking for food all day, to give her more? how much she is really need?
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

It's likely to be a KNPV bloodline than, since pedigree pups are not exported that frequent, and we probabely would have heard about it :D
Feeding, look at the puppy, use common sense. You should feel the ribs with some pressure by petting, but just not see it. Feed 3 times a day for a young pup.
You never had dogs before?
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

what did you all think? her name is Mia
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

and yes i had a swiss shepherd before and i have more pakinez too. i just never had puppy at this age.
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

:shock: Gal....can you post a face shot of your new pup?
If I see a white nose, or white markings on the nose, it is not a Dutch Shepherd, but a (pitbul) mix. :oops: The feet actually look totally white. While some DS's sometimes have white toes, they don't tend to get all white feet.
If them imported the pup (or did they import the parents?) you must have paid a small fortune for your puppy. Her weight looks good and she looks adorable. How old is she now?
turgi11
Puppy

Post by turgi11 »

They imported the parents. She have a white mark on her nose but she is nothing look like a pit bull, she is 2 and half month. I'll upload more pic soon today that you will see her face.
Gal Torgeman

Image Mia
Marjolein
Working Dog

Post by Marjolein »

vneerland wrote::shock: Gal....can you post a face shot of your new pup?
If I see a white nose, or white markings on the nose, it is not a Dutch Shepherd, but a (pitbul) mix. :oops: The feet actually look totally white. While some DS's sometimes have white toes, they don't tend to get all white feet.
If them imported the pup (or did they import the parents?) you must have paid a small fortune for your puppy. Her weight looks good and she looks adorable. How old is she now?

I have seen white feet in mix DS ;) I did not see the marking on the nose, never seen that?
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

my little girl has white on her chest and a tiny bit of white on her chin
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage