Early Teething

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Ace714
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been into GSD's for a long time, I have a black GS and we are training for Schutzhund. My husband has been a dog trainer for 30+ years. He used to breed Mali's and did Belgian ring for many years back then. Switched to Schutzhund and been doing that ever since, plus of course his training business. I want to lean more about the DS and figure this would be a good place to do that.

Early Teething

Post by Ace714 »

My Taz is going to be 14 weeks old Wedsneday and he is already teething. Adult teeth are coming out. Isn't this a bit young? My GSD's always lost teeth btwn 4-5 months old, this guy is only 3 1/2 months.
Dumb question but is this a DS thing?
ACE - GSD-Black
Sonny BH and Kastar - Mali's
Taz - Dutch Shepherd
Victoria
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been involved with dogs for 10 + years. I currently own 2 Dutch Shepherds and 1 Belgian Malinois. I train my dogs for PSA and my youngest pup Bindi is going to do IPO.

Re: Early Teething

Post by Victoria »

My Dutch Pup Bindi is 15 wks and teething. :-) Most of mine start teething around this time. :wtg:
Owned by Malinois Ada PSA 1& Master Big Air Title
Dutchie Stella BRN 17484
Dutchie Bindi BRN 24031
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

my only ''baby'' puppies, Xander and Tracer, both teethed around that time.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
Mobil
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued a dumped DS puppy from the freeway and found his littermate in a nearby shelter two weeks later.

Post by Mobil »

teething usually begins between twelve and sixteen weeks for incisors and canines, and between sixteen and twenty weeks for molars.
Dusty,

Mobil & Turbo (4/14, probably DS)

karenz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Karen and I have a dutch shepherd, Xander, born 6/14/13. He is my second dutch shepherd. My first was Rawly. Even though Xander is my second I still have a lot to learn. That is why I'm here, to learn, get advice, and meet people who love these guys as much as I do.

Post by karenz »

Xander started teething between 3 and 4 months and was done before 6 months. It seemed to go quick. :D
Karen & Xander
Ace714
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have been into GSD's for a long time, I have a black GS and we are training for Schutzhund. My husband has been a dog trainer for 30+ years. He used to breed Mali's and did Belgian ring for many years back then. Switched to Schutzhund and been doing that ever since, plus of course his training business. I want to lean more about the DS and figure this would be a good place to do that.

Post by Ace714 »

OK thanks everyone, he's actually been getting adult teeth coming though since he's 3 months. I just thought it was a bit young
ACE - GSD-Black
Sonny BH and Kastar - Mali's
Taz - Dutch Shepherd