Teething and ears?

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Teething and ears?

Post by brindledog »

So Grendel is now losing her baby teeth. I saw something fly out of her mouth while playing tug, found the tooth and see both her front teeth are now gone.

I have read much online about puppy ears going down during teething. Her ears are up as ever! I assume from this that not all puppy's ears go down during this time? Not worried, just curious.
Grendel lost front teeth but erect ears.jpg
Grendel lost front teeth.jpg
Lisa
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Re: Teething and ears?

Post by brindledog »

P.s.- anyone know why the pics in the post are in the correct position, but when you click on them, they are on their side?!
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Most of the info you find is a generalization, each pup may conform to the norm and some may not.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Post by racingiron1 »

brindledog wrote:P.s.- anyone know why the pics in the post are in the correct position, but when you click on them, they are on their side?!
This has to do with how most cameras deal with protrait/landscape changes. Rather than actually change the orientation of the stored image, they just add a little tag to the file that indicates camera orientation like "rotate 90 deg clockwise." Some viewers read this tag and display properly, while others don't. Looking at the metadata on your pictures, I can tell they they were taken with a Samsung Galaxy S6 and they have a "rotate 90 deg CW" tag. Whatever this forum uses to generate the thumbnails interprets that tag correctly, but it's obviously ignored when the full image is displayed. Generally, the easiest solution is to open the file with a photo editor, make sure it's oriented correctly, then just save it. Most editors will read the rotation tag and change the orientation of the saved image without having to resort to the rotation tag; however, some don't. I just tried MS Paint on your picture, and it kept that tag. There MAY be something that could be done on the back end of the forum to resolve this, but it's likely NOT a trivial change.
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
brindledog
Puppy

Post by brindledog »

Thanks for info on the pic orientation! I did actually rotate and save it in a photo editor when I reduced the size for posting, but obviously didn't work for the enlarged pic on here!