Tell me she's going to grown into this head...

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Tell me she's going to grown into this head...

Post by brindledog »

It looks so big on her puny little body!
Good jumper, and even more impressive considering that big ol' head must weigh her down. It's like she has an adult head already (and all her adult teeth), but the rest of her hasn't caught up. She will, though, right?
Grendel on a trailer.jpg
Lisa G.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Tell me she's going to grown into this head...

Post by Dutchringgirl »

lol, dont worry, they do grow into themselves
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

She looks fine proportion wise to me. I think H stopped looking gangly around two years.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Sadie is 5.5 and still gangly :DSlove:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

I also thought she looked fine proportionately, if you ignore the ears ;) she is gorgeous. how old is she?
brindledog
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I love Shepherds- German, Dutch and Belgian. I recently lost my 16.5 y/o GSD mix and was hoping to find a GSD or DS mix. I totally lucked out in finding Grendel, a DS/GSD mix at 9.5 weeks old. She was filthy and flea-ridden, but still the cutest, craziest thing ever. She's going to live up to her name! First dog I've had that I've actually seen the parents and definitely know what she is!

Post by brindledog »

She's 22 weeks. The ears I love!

To me, her head looks big and her legs look stumpy in this pic. Her head looks big in most pics!

She's only gained 10 lbs. in the past month, and only 1lb since last week. Must've been all in her head/teeth. I am trusting what everyone says that she's still got a lot of growing to do. I get nervous at all the dog info that says they do most of their growing by 6 months and hoping that she will have some more growth spurts.

She sure is different than the other dogs I've had, both of which were GSD/Shepherd mixes of some sort.

But man, do I hear her new teeth! When she plays with other dogs and when she is going for the tug toy/towel, she snaps them together. It's a trip. A friend of mine with a giant GSD was encouraging her to jump at his arm (I try not to have her jump, don't worry!), and got a little nervous when he heard the snapping! I love it.
k9lexi
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Over the past 25 years I shared my life with a Rott, two Akitas, and a Shepherd/Husky mix. I now have my first Dutch Shepherd. Lexi was born in early September 2014. She is great in so many different ways but I could use advice from some been there done that DS owners.

Post by k9lexi »

In my little experience, both pups I've owned (only one dutchie) went from little chubby about 3 to 4 months to tall and lean between 6 to 9 months. One to two years was the filling out period.
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

She's so pretty, post recent pictures, please
brindledog
Puppy

Post by brindledog »

Thanks!
This is from some months ago. She's filled out a lot since then. Her chest is really deep now. But all the recent pics are on my phone.
Grendel balance crop.jpeg
Grendel balance crop.jpeg (236.9 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
Last edited by centrop67 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken image
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Pretty awesome, she is always on top of an obstacle I see
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

En has a super deep chest like that.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor