Do you think my mixed DS puppy's ears will rise?

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Rukia
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My pup's name is Rukia. Currently 13 weeks old (7/15/16). She's a DS mixed with some other shepherd breed (adopted so not quite sure). And she is very, very sweet.

Do you think my mixed DS puppy's ears will rise?

Post by Rukia »

Hello! I recently adopted my puppy Rukia and was told she was a beglian malinois shepherd mix. After researching the breed a bit I feel that she is most likely a dutch shepherd shepherd mix. She is currently about 13 weeks old (exact birthdate uknown) and is a seemingly happy, sweet young pup. I have not seen her ears rise since having her but I was wondering if it would be possible since she is still very young. Ears risen or not doesn't matter to me but I am still curious. Not the best pics but she's always on the move! Thanks!!

Also if you think you have an idea as to what she's mixed with please let me know :)

Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Do you think my mixed DS puppy's ears will rise?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I dont know, they are down low, as in the whole ear is down, not just the tips. at this point, I am leaning against them going up. If she has something else in there whose breed has down ears, that may be the cause. There is something else in there, I am not seeing pure DS, Thank you for adopting.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage