Protein % in Kibble for 3 month old DS female

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
lazarusdmx
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My wife and I have just gotten a 3 months old DS pup female, named Zia. We live in Maryland and are excited about our future together growing and training. She's a handful!

Protein % in Kibble for 3 month old DS female

Post by lazarusdmx »

I have a general question regarding kibble protein percentages.

I've read elsewhere, and a couple times on this forum, recommendations for blue buffalo large breed puppy kibble. We got that, and our pup seems to quite like it, and I'm encouraged by the general quality of ingredients, lack of grain etc. The one thing that gives me pause is that our vet, during our first well visit two days ago recommended not feeding her anything with a protein percentage higher than about 22%, in order to avoid growing too fast and potential cartilage/joint issues. The BB large breed puppy kibble has a min protein percentage of 35%! I had assumed the "large-breed" meant that it would be adjusted for this issue, but I read in a few posts that it's added glucosamine, etc.

Any general thoughts on appropriate protein percentages for our little girl, and if so, any high-quality kibble recs that meet that percentage?
MultiPurposeK9
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Multipurpose trainer

Re: Protein % in Kibble for 3 month old DS female

Post by MultiPurposeK9 »

Taste of the Wild Bison and Venison Puppy and 1 tablespoon Cottage Cheese
Roger
Consistency + Repetition = Predictability