My blue Dutch "Patton" (born 11/29/16)

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Patrick
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I live in central Florida and appreciate and enjoy working dogs!

Re: My blue Dutch "Patton" (born 11/29/16)

Post by Patrick »

Owned-By-Hendrix wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:12 pm I know very well of the dogs he produces, the lines, and other detailed information from my experience. Let's just say that your post on Owners of Dutch Shepherds about the dog going for the neck isn't an isolated incident, and while I could not pull out the specifics on the trigger or if it was a stand alone incident, let's just say it was not a shock considering the lines your pup comes from.
Maybe you could send me a pm and tell me what I can anticipate in the future from my pup. By the way, he didn't go for the neck of the other dog. He just grabbed a hold of it on its back, pretty much square in the center, and wouldn't let go.
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

If I am not mistaken the dog should be trying to attack people by now. It will get worse without a trainer's intervention and returning the dog will not get you a less aggressive one from the breeder. The dog is doing what it's genetics tell it to do and what it's bred to do. I am more than happy to tell you over PM what I know of your dog's lines.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)
Duke
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm Keith, 28 years old born and raised outside Chicago. I adopted Duke, the Dutch Shepherd from a Chicago foster based rescue. Duke had an unfortunate first 2 months of his upbringing but he's been a prince around here ever since.

Healthy, happy, energetic, and super social.

Post by Duke »

Update as of today? Great looking Dutch, I agree with you being firm and not being coercive with corrections on commands he hasn't learned fully yet, that crrates confusion. Post up, I'm curious
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

Sounds like a strong personality. Best of luck to you.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG