West 12 weeks update

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

West 12 weeks update

Post by Dree_19 »

So I just got back from the vet for a weigh in and some preventative meds (flea/tick, heart worm). He weighed in at 26 lbs! Honestly don't know if this is typical for a 12 wk old DS). Nice tuck, baby muscle over ribs and chest, and I can slightly make out the rib line. I know this is how to gauge my GSD's and feed accordingly. He is also very tall. I would say even leggy. Even on large breed puppy food he seems to be growing so fast. I won't even attempt to say how much I'm feeding because that all depends on the food-protein to fat to carb ratio and other factors. He is a slow eater naturally and doesn't seem to "need" more. Will even leave a little in the bowl if he's had enough.

The pic was last week- He's thinned out a bit because he is taller. But still has nice lean muscle. I haven't been able to get a more recent side view pic uploaded (file always too big UGH). It seems even since last week he's taller by at least 2" He's awesome and already started his puppy bite work. He has met his baby brother Easton the GSD, no free play time together yet, he's still too little to keep up with West's rough play, but soon they will be the same size. Probably the fastest learning dog I've owned (he's my 4th shepherd) and SO willing to please. No attachment issues whatsoever. He listens to us all equally. And he has been pretty consistent with the crazy hour :twisted: always around 7-8pm so this is when we go into town and work him like crazy to blow through his crazies and tire him out for the night. Works like a charm!

Tracking....
Attachments
IMG_2716.jpg
IMG_2716.jpg (623.37 KiB) Viewed 2746 times
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: West 12 weeks update

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

He looks just fine!!! They go through a weird awkward phase around this age! Lol if you saw Yoda then vs now you wouldn't think it was the same dog
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

He is a very good looking guy.
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

what a great looking pup. Sadie still has crazy time and she is 7 :pint: :pint:
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

West and Easton are being evaluated today for PPD training. Easton is still very young but showing good signs for bitework. Easton is a natural and don't doubt he will be a candidate. Very excited!!
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
Joxgirl
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving every crazy day with my DS in CA and UT.

Post by Joxgirl »

:wtg:
Saralee
Rogue (Dutch Shepherd) 2 years old
Joachimstaler @ IG