What is the best way to tape ears?

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Re: What is the best way to tape ears?

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

Tyler Durden wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:24 pm
Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:13 pm
Tyler Durden wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:16 am

Sigh, after a few weeks of this they still arent up. The cartilige is pretty week. The worst part is getting the breathe right strips in the ear, he jerks his head and it just doesnt attach. I actually think it's worse than before. Really aggravating. Has anyone ever tried those ear forms specially made for this?
how old is he now? They will or they wont. I tried the strips and they really didnt work , Sadies flopped for a long time, she has thin Cartilage ( among other things) but they eventually stood on their own.
He will be 7 months in 10 days.
Some dogs take a year to come up fully... Yodas ears did all kinds of weird shit the first year... they sit perfect now and don't flop at all
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

maybe in another month or so you may know. I think it was about 8 months when Sadies stood up
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Tennessee3
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Nicholas or Nick, doesn't matter to me.

Post by Tennessee3 »

If you're that worried about it, have you considered having a vet tape the dog's ears like they do when they get cropped?

You know with the splints and wrap em up like a mummy, if it can work post surgery for naturally flopped over ears it stands to reason it most likely work for eliminating this crease in one ear.

But I'm no expert, I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently though
Nicholas

Millie WLGSD in training for Schutzhund 5/27/17 & Grendel KNPV lines Malinois same + PP work 2/15/18

...... Mals are tan dutchies, right?

https://www.instagram.com/nick_millie_and_grendel/
Tyler Durden
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have always had german shepherds but I am new to dutch shepherds. I hope to get a new pup shortly and look forward to learning and sharing my experience.

Post by Tyler Durden »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:37 pm maybe in another month or so you may know. I think it was about 8 months when Sadies stood up
Ill try to be patient, the crease is just really bad. The ear used to stay down 90% of the time, now it doesn't go up at all.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

i think you still have time. it was 8 months when sadies stood, she was late
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage