Crates

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: nepHew owner of dutch shepherd puppy. Want to know all I can about the breed.

Crates

Post by Debbiejakas1 »

My DS puppy refused to be in a crate, it was a nightmare. We had to let him out, never to be put in a crate again. 2 and 1 half months old.
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Crates

Post by TimL_168 »

If you...uh... want to use a crate...um...you can gradually introduce the pup to the crate.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer »

I'm not sure what this post means... but is he 4 months old or 2 and a half months? My advice hire a trainer to help you
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

^
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor
Tyler Durden
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have always had german shepherds but I am new to dutch shepherds. I hope to get a new pup shortly and look forward to learning and sharing my experience.

Post by Tyler Durden »

Debbiejakas1 wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 am My DS puppy refused to be in a crate, it was a nightmare. We had to let him out, never to be put in a crate again. 2 and 1 half months old.
I don't use a crate, I use an exercise pen. It's bigger, they can move around more, and it's not as confined as a crate. In my opinion crates are just torture for a breed like this.
Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: nepHew owner of dutch shepherd puppy. Want to know all I can about the breed.

Post by Debbiejakas1 »

Agreed.
Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped

Post by Debbiejakas1 »

Thanks for the input.