Just registered? Read This
Submissiveness
This should be read by everyone
Columns and Rows in your posts?
Photo Uploads - Updated Instructions
Latest K9 Products Series - Suppliers
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other breeds that may be the source of your brindle dog

This forum has a Facebook page. Click here and like the page to stay up to date with all the latest activity.
Did you know you can embed YouTube videos in your posts? Instructions Here

Crates

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: nepHew owner of dutch shepherd puppy. Want to know all I can about the breed.

Crates

Post by Debbiejakas1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 am

My DS puppy refused to be in a crate, it was a nightmare. We had to let him out, never to be put in a crate again. 2 and 1 half months old.

TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Crates

Post by TimL_168 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:11 am

If you...uh... want to use a crate...um...you can gradually introduce the pup to the crate.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Steve Gossmeyer
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Schutzhund helper and trainer I own and work two Dutchies

Post by Steve Gossmeyer » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm not sure what this post means... but is he 4 months old or 2 and a half months? My advice hire a trainer to help you

TimL_168
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:24 pm

^
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor

Tyler Durden
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have always had german shepherds but I am new to dutch shepherds. I hope to get a new pup shortly and look forward to learning and sharing my experience.

Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

Debbiejakas1 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:53 am
My DS puppy refused to be in a crate, it was a nightmare. We had to let him out, never to be put in a crate again. 2 and 1 half months old.
I don't use a crate, I use an exercise pen. It's bigger, they can move around more, and it's not as confined as a crate. In my opinion crates are just torture for a breed like this.

Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: nepHew owner of dutch shepherd puppy. Want to know all I can about the breed.

Post by Debbiejakas1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Agreed.

Debbiejakas1
Just Whelped

Post by Debbiejakas1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Thanks for the input.