December Photo of the Month Winner
Theme: Family Photo
Submitted by: Sysyphus
January Theme is Puppy
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds
Click Here for the forum Facebook page.
New option for posting images:
Just registered? Read This.
Puppies! We all love our puppies.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Kelly, and we (my husband and 5 year old twins) just got a 5 month old dutch shephard/belgian mali mix. His name is Angus.
I have a 5 month old dutch shepherd/ belgian malios mix. We’ve had him for about 3 weeks now. He is fairly active. After a long walk or play hes perfectly happy curling up on his bed and sleeping. He rarely barks and isnt as “active” as the breed standard. Did i get a rare one or will he flip a switch one day and become more like the breed standard? He was from a litter of 10 pups and the breeder told us he was “low key” from the time he was a tiny pup. He was one of 3 left when we got him and he was the #3 of that group. If that helps describe him a bit more. He listens well and is learning basic commands (sit, down, stay, and no) pretty quickly.
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5437
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Do you h ave any pictures? You may have a low drive dog. My Thalie, who is now 15 was low drive. She had plenty of energy and would go all day but was happy and content hanging out while I was sitting or idle.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
- Training Dog
- Posts: 912
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:11 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.
- Location: central MD
Pretty much describes my dog as well.