July Photo of the Month Winner
Submitted by: Borellar15
Zoey Loves Swimming
New option for posting images:
Click Here for the forum Facebook page.
Just registered? Read This.
August Theme is Hiking
To DS, or not to DS?
What's the buzz on DNA Tests?
This should be read by everyone
How To Select/Research a Breeder
Other brindle breeds
July Runner Up
Submitted by: Wes Thomas
Puppies! We all love our puppies.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Just Whelped
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:36 pm
- Tell us about yourself: My name is Kelly, and we (my husband and 5 year old twins) just got a 5 month old dutch shephard/belgian mali mix. His name is Angus.
I have a 5 month old dutch shepherd/ belgian malios mix. We’ve had him for about 3 weeks now. He is fairly active. After a long walk or play hes perfectly happy curling up on his bed and sleeping. He rarely barks and isnt as “active” as the breed standard. Did i get a rare one or will he flip a switch one day and become more like the breed standard? He was from a litter of 10 pups and the breeder told us he was “low key” from the time he was a tiny pup. He was one of 3 left when we got him and he was the #3 of that group. If that helps describe him a bit more. He listens well and is learning basic commands (sit, down, stay, and no) pretty quickly.
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 5288
- Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2
- Location: Ct, USA
Do you h ave any pictures? You may have a low drive dog. My Thalie, who is now 15 was low drive. She had plenty of energy and would go all day but was happy and content hanging out while I was sitting or idle.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
- Training Dog
- Posts: 831
- Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:11 pm
- Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.
- Location: central MD
Pretty much describes my dog as well.