Calm dutch shepherd

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Angus17
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My name is Kelly, and we (my husband and 5 year old twins) just got a 5 month old dutch shephard/belgian mali mix. His name is Angus.

Calm dutch shepherd

Post by Angus17 »

I have a 5 month old dutch shepherd/ belgian malios mix. We’ve had him for about 3 weeks now. He is fairly active. After a long walk or play hes perfectly happy curling up on his bed and sleeping. He rarely barks and isnt as “active” as the breed standard. Did i get a rare one or will he flip a switch one day and become more like the breed standard? He was from a litter of 10 pups and the breeder told us he was “low key” from the time he was a tiny pup. He was one of 3 left when we got him and he was the #3 of that group. If that helps describe him a bit more. He listens well and is learning basic commands (sit, down, stay, and no) pretty quickly.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Calm dutch shepherd

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Do you h ave any pictures? You may have a low drive dog. My Thalie, who is now 15 was low drive. She had plenty of energy and would go all day but was happy and content hanging out while I was sitting or idle.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Re: Calm dutch shepherd

Post by TimL_168 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 pm Do you h ave any pictures? You may have a low drive dog. My Thalie, who is now 15 was low drive. She had plenty of energy and would go all day but was happy and content hanging out while I was sitting or idle.
Pretty much describes my dog as well.
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor