loving the puppy moments

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
Nova17
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a first time dutch shepherd owner, looking for information and hoping to share some as I learn this great breed

loving the puppy moments

Post by Nova17 »

20171114_171741-2268x3024.jpg
20171114_171741-2268x3024.jpg (993.73 KiB) Viewed 2292 times
Nova is now 9 weeks old. She is a terror, biting and chewing are in full effect. I feel she is understanding more, however still has the free spirit of a puppy. We are working on targeting and commands, potty training, and trying to get "leave it" through to her.
One ear is up 90% off the time, the other is coming along. I think it's interesting that she has 3 little tufts under her left eye, look like glam lashes.
She plays so hard, at times its hard to get her into learning mode, she just wants to mouth my arm. Other times she is willing and does well.
When should I start to see our work pay off into actual understanding and following commands?
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: loving the puppy moments

Post by centrop67 »

Gorgeous. I see the glam.

At that age, you'll probably see it a couple of times before the ADD kicks in. The trick is to make it consistent in multiple scenarios.

And, in 10 years or so, you'll have the perfect dog. :lol:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers