Letty

Puppies! We all love our puppies.
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Re: Letty

Post by k9katet »

I've been doing a few things. When we are walking around outside I am feeding her for being "in heel position" with 4 feet on the ground so she's not always jumping up and biting me. I do recalls and shove food in her face right when she gets to me so she doesn't leap on me to attack me. When she bites me I'm marking it by saying "ouch" and if she keeps biting me or bites harder or starts to have a tantrum then she gets a timeout in her xpen. Now that the biting is less we can do more training - shaping things away from me. We're doing Crate Games in the xpen and her crate in the van and the babygates to the kitchen. Tugging and having toys out to redirect her to. Sometimes I'll shove it in her mouth as she's coming to bite me and sometimes if she bites and I say "ouch" and she stops a moment then I'll grab the toy and tug with her with it. Sometimes I cheat and bring Vada outside with me so she runs after Vada and isn't focused on me. Vada is awesome at teaching her manners too. Tonight I got home from work and started making dinner (it's my husband's birthday today) and she laid at my feet in the kitchen. But once Karl came home (I was just about to take her for a walk for being so good) she went into crazy mode so she's not sick. LOL

Letty met a little boy last night. He sat on the floor and fed her cookies. He was a very good little boy. Letty liked him. :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".

Post by k9katet »

It is fun hearing how the sisters are growing up. Maybe Asheley (or Josh) will chime in on how Hector is doing. :)
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote:Sometimes I cheat and bring Vada outside with me so she runs after Vada and isn't focused on me. Vada is awesome at teaching her manners too.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You definitely have it much worse in the biting dept, Heather. I feel for you.

I'm kind of jealous of your thing free yard!

Happy BD to your husband...

It's so nice to see little glimpses of well-behaved little girls...her lying at your feet while you were cooking dinner. And, it is fun to be able to follow them both.

You are getting much better pictures than I am, tho. I'll have to try to get more outside.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

YEAH! More puppy pictures. :wtg:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Growing up too fast! :shock:
Still very cute, but it is starting to look like a dog, instead of just a baby. Oh no.....:(
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
muttnutty
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi, my name is Deanna and I have had two Dutchs, my second being a courtesy listed rescue thru NADSR. I have found the perfect breed for me and would like to get more involved in training and rescue. I could not imagine not having a Dutch (at least one!) in my life. Thank you, Deanna

Post by muttnutty »

SOOO cute! I want a puppy......soon i tell myself.....

Deanna and Zori
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Great pics!

You're doing so much better than I am at getting decent shots of your pupper.

(And Judith, I agree...they're already looking like little dogs rather than baby puppies...).

I just got a new camera for my birthday, and am figuring it out. Can't blame it on cameras, tho :lol: .
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

You know, Heather, I love seeing the pics of your girl nekkid.

I am afraid to take my girl outside without a dragline...too many cats to chase, and places where she could get under the old fencing.
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

More Letty pics...

Letty walking around in the field before we tracked

Letty at the drive-in movie theater

Vada and Letty laughing at an inside joke

Letty and Vada (her aunt) playing

Letty at an agility trial over Labor Day weekend

Letty and Vada at the agility trial
Vada's first trial back in 5 months - she was out for rehab of a hyperextended carpel tendon - she finished her USDAA AAD and is now in Masters, the highest level, in all classes

Most recent pic from a few days ago - it was foggy I'm just taking pics with my Blackberry

Letty started Super Puppy obedience class last night. She was quite overwhelmed at first but got comfortable pretty fast. She's the youngest pup in the class and there is a variety of breeds that she is getting exposed to. Once we started really working the puppies she had a blast - name calls chasing yummy treats, tippy boards, ladders, tunnel, low tire jump. The instructor had a Malinois years ago so she just loves Letty. She's in an "agility" (the program leads to agility stuff but is really just basic training/manners/life skills) foundation class on Friday nights too. Again the youngest pup but she's almost caught up with the others on her skills. I was going to stay away from Schutzhund til January when the new membership year starts as I'm taking this year off from the club. But I'm getting the itch to do some bitework with her.
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

Fantastic pics, Heather. She's just adorable. (Love the one with her and Vada sharing the joke<g>.)

She's very well-behaved on her little rug at the movies!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

Thanks, Leih!

She gets to go do some bitework on Sunday! I'm very excited!
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

k9katet wrote: She gets to go do some bitework on Sunday! I'm very excited!
I can't wait to hear about it! They are just made for it, that's for sure.

Have fun and I expect a full report :D
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

k9katet wrote:Image
Vada and Letty laughing at an inside joke
whaha, I LOVE this one!! Did you ever find out what was so funny :roll: :D
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Marjolein wrote:
k9katet wrote:Vada and Letty laughing at an inside joke
whaha, I LOVE this one!! Did you ever find out what was so funny :roll: :D
That's the trouble with inside jokes. :twisted: You never know what they were laughing about.
I too think that particular shot is a future contest winner, as soon as the subject 'fun' comes up 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
leih merigian
Working Dog

Post by leih merigian »

vneerland wrote:I too think that particular shot is a future contest winner, as soon as the subject 'fun' comes up 8-)
Totally agree!!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

Leih - I brought Letty in for her rabies shot yesterday and she was 39 pounds. I held her so the tech could take her temp and give her the shot. She was sooo good being restrained!

Here she is in the reception area waiting for the appointment.

Here are some pics of her at puppy class 2 weeks ago. I was too lazy to bring her crate in so we were working on staying on her mat while the other dogs were working. Tonight is the last class in this session. :( But then the class moves closer to my house! :)

I think she just lost the last of her puppy teeth. Finally! Now we can tug with no worries and we can do bitework again. :party1: