CGC and other Awards

Obedience (non-protection) discussion. We have broken the two apart.
WorkingK9
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)

CGC and other Awards

Post by WorkingK9 »

Well we had our fundraiser last weekend, am a little late in posting, but was a busy weekend and a busy week. Didn't have as good of a turn out as we had hoped or even what people said (alot said they were coming and didn't..) so wasn't able to raise the money we wanted, but it turned out well and we had fun working dogs..

I entered K and Tri in the fastest dog contest..
K ran 26 MPH, Tri ran 20 mph
K won out of all the dogs entered.. but everyone was amazed at how fast Tri runs..

Tri won the award for the dog with the most heart.. he gives everything his all, despite missing his front leg, and the spectators choice award.

K also received his CGC
Tri came very close.. he passed 9 out of 10 ... his focus was awesome.. he just doesn't like to leave mommy.. he failed the out of sight separation... but I have been working on that for 10 months (he is 10 months old).. so didn't figure a week would do it.. but I was very pleased with him.

I had one of the other decoys that does some other things, ACAL1, 2, 3 do a mock of the 3 certificates with K.. he did great and would have passed.. so in May we are going for those :)
I was very pleased with both dogs..
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: CGC and other Awards

Post by Christie M »

WorkingK9 wrote: I had one of the other decoys that does some other things, ACAL1, 2, 3 do a mock of the 3 certificates with K.. he did great and would have passed.. so in May we are going for those :)
I was very pleased with both dogs..
Congratulations on everything you accomplished with both dogs! I know that it was you and Katrina that made the event occur, and I know she says she couldn't have done it without you!

How cool that Tri runs almost as fast as K. Since K was fastest, I bet that means he beat some seriously fast dogs!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Fantastic!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

So cool!!
Sue (and Sugar)

felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

Congrats!! :wtg:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
WorkingK9
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Have rescued and trained dogs for most of my life, rescued high drive, aggressive dogs and gave them a job to do.

I currently have a dutch shepherd I am training dual purpose and PSA (one of Katrina's pups)

Post by WorkingK9 »

Thanks everyone.. I am so proud of my boys.. and in less then 2 weeks K will get to shine again when we trial for his American Certificate of Aptitude for Work. :) where he gets to prove he will protect me. I know it, now it gets to be on paper :)
=============
In Christ, Kimberly
KRPetz - Working K9's (http://KRPetz.com)
Metro K9's Billy Idol "K-Czar" - BH, CGC, ACAL3, TT
M9's Viking Warrior "Hiccup/Triton" - In training for Service work for a Marine