Travis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: 1 rescue dutch shepherd
1 retired malinois (now passed)
1 pomeranian (yaps incessantly)
New micro-Dutchie addition

Luna debuted at flyball.

Post by Travis »

It's been a while since I first joined and posted but thought I'd update. Hopefully I can figure out how to link in a pic this time.

We ended up going the flyball route with our little undersized rescue Luna. Found a great club back in September and raced her first time in January. I'm sure the time won't hold up as the year progresses but it was very cool to see that we're currently tied for No. 2 in pairs in U-fli :wtg:

http://www.u-fli.com/Dashboard.php

Some pics (if I can get them to link in):

Travis -> human (of questionable sanity)
Doggies:
  • 1 senior NADSR rescue dutch shepherd
    1 pocket Dutchie tennis ball addict
    1 geriatric pomeranian (yaps incessantly)
Travis
Puppy

Re: Luna debuted at flyball.

Post by Travis »

Other pics from the event:

Ended the weekend with her TF and TF1 titles. Not bad for a runty little rescue's debut weekend. :yeah:
Doggies:
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Congrats! :wtg:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

:trophy: :trophy: WOOOHOOO
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Nice!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

That is wonderful! that is one gorgeous little girl you have there! :dssmile:
Lauren from Western NC
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Great Job!
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Great pics and fantastic job!!!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

she doesn't look runty to me - love the 1st pic. nice shot of her coming straight at the camera.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
MeganBays
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a small kennel breeding working line Dutch Shepherds, and just stumbled on this forum while browsing the internet. We train our dogs in police K9 work primarily, with hopes of being able to compete in the near future.

Post by MeganBays »

Great shots! Thanks for sharing :)
Travis
Puppy

Post by Travis »

felixone123 wrote:she doesn't look runty to me - love the 1st pic. nice shot of her coming straight at the camera.
It's funny she always looks "normal sized" in photos. But when you see her in person she's downright tiny. 41 pounds only sounds a little on the small side but she's more delicately built (almost whippet-like). Any time I see her near another Dutchie or Mal it's a bit amusing. But she loves her ball and amazingly has more drive for it than even the sport Mal I competed in Schutzhund with. She's a lot of fun to train as she's so happy and joyous in her work. Always makes me smile. :P

We got really lucky on the photos. Someone in the club has a friend who is a professional photographer that wanted to practice some high speed shots. So we lucked into some great photos (I normally end up with blurry iPhone snapshots if left on my own).
Doggies:
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Wow, nice pics!!
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Great shots! She looks to be having fun. Im envious that you have flyball opportunities so close. Please continue to share photos.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana