Zombie Grand Champion

bszksmith
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have 2 dogs. Shaka, a rescue Akita mix (maybe mixed with Dutch) and Zombie a Dutch Shepherd. Shaka is 6 and Zombie 5. Zombie does agility, obedience, flyball and is registered with Delta Society. He currently is doing physical therapy with patients at a local hospital. Zombie currently is learning scent work. I also have 3 cats to keep the house lively.

Zombie Grand Champion

Post by bszksmith »

This is my first attempt to post something so hopefully everything works. If not I apologize and promise to try harder next time.

Zombie got 30,000 points and his Flyball Grand Champion title last week in NAFA. That equates to well over 1,200 runs assuming the maximum of 25 points per run (and we had a lot of runs at less than 25 points). On to UFli flyball this weekend.
Karen Smith,
Zombie (the Dutchie) and
Shaka an Akita mix
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Zombie Grand Champion

Post by Christie M »

Huge Congrats Karen!!!!!! ImageImageImageImageImage
That is so awesome! I have just recently (like this past weekend) caught the flyball bug!So you do both NAFA and Ufly? I'm still just trying to learn the lingo :D
Anyway, congrats again. I remember meeting Zombie one of the Dutch Shepherd Events in MI. Very, very cool dog!!!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

Congratulations !!!!! :party1:

Way to have fun with a DS.
That's an amazing amount of runs !

Got any photos or video to share ?
;) You've probably noticed we REALLY like photos on this forum.
Who can blame us ????
We have the most beautiful dogs to take pics of ( if we can keep them still long enough, or have a super fast camera shutter speed :g_wink: )
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
bszksmith
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have 2 dogs. Shaka, a rescue Akita mix (maybe mixed with Dutch) and Zombie a Dutch Shepherd. Shaka is 6 and Zombie 5. Zombie does agility, obedience, flyball and is registered with Delta Society. He currently is doing physical therapy with patients at a local hospital. Zombie currently is learning scent work. I also have 3 cats to keep the house lively.

Post by bszksmith »

I will try to find some photos. The problem with flyball is that we are usually indoors with poor lighting and fast dogs. Lots of blurs.

Christie - You will be an old pro in no time. Some people like to concentrate their points so they do either UFli or NAFA but a lot of people do both (keeps their dogs busier). Some differences but nothing major. Dutchies are great at the game although some people did worry that Zombie planned to eat their dog (especially the little height dogs) but after a couple tournaments everyone knew he was a big love of dogs and people - just don't get in his way on the lane however. Flyball is a simple game that can be rather difficult to execute well on a consistent basis. Zombie will be at a home tournament in Madison July 23-24 if you are in the neighborhood.
Karen Smith,
Zombie (the Dutchie) and
Shaka an Akita mix
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

bszksmith wrote:Zombie will be at a home tournament in Madison July 23-24 if you are in the neighborhood.
I wish I was going to be around. I live in TN now, so even training on this past Sunday was three hours away. But the good thing is that they gave me some great skill sets to work on at home without a box. So we should be in the high 3s in no time. LOL.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
leih merigian
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Had a GSD, am getting a DS puppy in a few weeks. Compete in agility, obedience, and cross train in tons of stuff. Found out about this site from the DS Rescue yahoo list.

Post by leih merigian »

Woohoo!

Way to go!
leih merigian
Vrijheid's H'Geyser
Zodiac vom Younghaus (over the bridge)
Central VA (near Charlottesville)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood...
bszksmith
Just Whelped

Post by bszksmith »

It is pretty easy to make a practice box for working on swimmers turns. I also made a set of jumps. If you have someone to help (as in hold the box/ball steady) you can do quite a bit on your own. Even set up distractions.
Karen Smith,
Zombie (the Dutchie) and
Shaka an Akita mix
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Congrats!!! That is just downright awesome. I have a friend who now lives in the midwest, big into flyball. He has BCs. I have always been interested but the closest teams are about 4 hours away from me; nothing in my state at all (Louisiana). I did see posted somewhere or on TV (cant remember right off) but there was a DS competing in flyball. I would think odds of many DSs competing is slim so maybe it was indeed your Zombie! Either way, I would love to see some video or photos of Zombie competing. We all would for that matter!

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana