Getting ready for trial...

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Getting ready for trial...

Post by Kristie E »

So after some discussion, after a long few months off.. ;-( ... Gwen and I are aiming for a June trial and our BH. We have hopes of completing our PSA PDC this summer also. We are keeping our fingers crossed on getting our bite work back up to snuff. We took a real backslide with all the time off. I have to say I am very excited though and we are working extra hard.. :geek:
Kristie
Rommel's Guenhyvar (Gwenice the Menace) BH, PSA PDC sleeve
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Re: Getting ready for trial...

Post by Lauren »

Good Luck! All your hard work will certainly pay off! It is so nice to have a concrete goal... :dssmile:
Lauren from Western NC
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Way to go!!! Cant wait!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Kristie E
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have had a DS for almost a year. Gwen and I are considering participating in PSA and or possible Ring Sport. I also have a Great Dane. I have grown up around working GSDs and my last GSD was a working K9 officer. I am all about dogs and animals in general and want to learn as much as I can about training.

Post by Kristie E »

It will be my first ever... I hope some nice person takes pictures.. I don't think my husband will go. He gets this glazed look on his face and I can see his eyes rolling into the back of his head when I start talking about it.
Kristie
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

ooh, I sure hope that nice person :angel: will take some pics :D

(@Eric: we have a double code in the smilies, the angel DS is overwritten by this stooopid blue angel girlie :dsangry: )
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

wishing you and Gwen all the best!! Yes, need pictures.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Kristie E
Training Dog

Post by Kristie E »

thank you ;-) I ll keep everyone updated on our progress or lack there of..;-) she decided to bite my leg during bite work last week .. so much work, so little time
Kristie
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure it wasn't funny when she bit your leg, but reading it is :lol:
Barbara, Odin & Kai
Kristie E
Training Dog

Post by Kristie E »

felixone123 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure it wasn't funny when she bit your leg, but reading it is :lol:
it's ok I laughed too. she didn't bite me hard, she was just saying "hey, tell him to hurry up so I can bite him"
i told her our next go round that she better not bite me again.. :dssmile:
Kristie
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

felixone123 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure it wasn't funny when she bit your leg, but reading it is :lol:
eh-heh, yes it is :lol: :lol:
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

I'm thinking June for Letty's BH too. We have alot of work to do but that's what goals are for. :)
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Kristie E
Training Dog

Post by Kristie E »

good luck, we pretty much are hoping that she will behave and if we lose some points here and there, no big deal.. she's great in crowds and with people unless of course I am present. It remains to be seen how she will handle it all..
Kristie
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

The third weekend in May is almost June....... just sayin....

(I think this applies to Kristy and Heather :lol: )
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Kristie E
Training Dog

Post by Kristie E »

Christie M wrote:The third weekend in May is almost June....... just sayin....

(I think this applies to Kristy and Heather :lol: )
lmao... I was prepared to hit your place up in July like last year.. you should have seen the look on my husbands face when I said something about May.. his eyes rolled back up into his head so far I had to joggle them back out by smacking him on the back of the head. :angel: the actual trial date was chosen by cory and since he is the boss he is the boss... I'll be paying closer attention next year though as I absolutely love to travel to TN.. (honestly I don't even know where the trial is in June ....shhh don't tell Cory he'll give me the look)

I just know we are working our behinds off to catch up ... lol.. and still pray everyday that she doesn't decide she is going to eat me or the judge when they decide to pet her... omg, if she thinks that she should be getting food she will duck her head as if to say "uh NO, don't pet me where's my treat"
Kristie
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I'll be at Cory's next weekend. Are you going to be at training? Does his club meet SAT or SUN?
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Kristie E
Training Dog

Post by Kristie E »

sunday... next weekend unfortunately no.. I ll be in michigan ;-/
Kristie