Video of Gage Training for French Ring

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
DSGirl
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have 1 Dutch Shepherd pup who is a fun boy to work. And I look forward to competing with him in the future.

Video of Gage Training for French Ring

Post by DSGirl »

Here is a video I put together of Gage during training at the NARA club we are part of. He is 6 months old in the video. He is doing so well. Only issue is the clatter stick. It makes him nervous. So the decoy lent me one and I am working with Gage on learning that the stick touching him is a good thing. By playing tug and gently touching him with it, and petting him with it, and stuff. The first few times i touched him with the clatter stick he let go, but after about 5 to 10 minutes of working on it and petting him with it, and letting him win his tug when he was touched by the stick he is doing better:) We will do this everyday until the stick means nothing to him. He has no problem biting the decoy when he has the stick, he just lets go and re-attackes when he was touched. So hopefully he will over come that pretty quick :D Enjoy the Video.

http://youtu.be/DRkw3H46GZg
Geneva

Dogs
Rubik - lab/hound mix
Jesse - Terrier mix
Dusty - Pit Mix
Suki - Terrier mix
April - Collie mix
Patches - Papillon
Scooter - Chi/Shih tzu mix - she is my parents dog but lives with me
Gage - Dutch Shepherd
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Re: Video of Gage Training for French Ring

Post by Marjolein »

nice!