languages..

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

languages..

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i wanted to train my dog in dutch but then i thought i would be never be able to pronounce it right, so rembrandt talks only in french, when i'm really pissed off i speak in italian and he understands all pretty well. . :D olly my mali talks in italian.. But i always wanted to know the commands in the other languages, if it is possible and i don't go ot could we post the commands correctly in german, english, french, dutch? My offer is for italian if u want :)
eli with cuba, hispanico, olympia and great rembrandt
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: languages..

Post by ICE »

I train Ice in Dutch. I found the list of commands online and confirmed with my trainer (he is from holland). He corrected many of them and still laughs at me sometimes when I pronounce them. :lol:
Patty and Ice
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

I know I sound like an idiot every time I step on the field with my dogs. My consolation is that most of the other people out there sound just as dumb :D Matt once said to me, "Do you think the people in Holland train their dogs in English just to be cool? NO." But I do it anyway.

Here is a good resource for many different languages: http://www4.uwsp.edu/psych/dog/languag1.htm
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
GreatRembrandt
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hi, I'm elisa, i come from italy, i live with 2 rottweilers, a female Malinois and a dutch shepherd.
I work with them in the IPO program, i will be the first in italy who does IPO with a dutch.

Post by GreatRembrandt »

ohh thank u! But nobody use italian?? We have: heel=piede, sit=seduto, lay down=terra, voraus=avanti, bring=porta, stay=resta, gib laut=abbaia, attack=attacca, aus=lascia, helper=figurante, such=cerca, hier=vieni
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Christie M wrote:I know I sound like an idiot every time I step on the field with my dogs. My consolation is that most of the other people out there sound just as dumb :D Matt once said to me, "Do you think the people in Holland train their dogs in English just to be cool? NO."
Maybe in North Holland. In South Holland anything goes. In the the rest of The Netherlands they never would. :whistle:
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

My girls are trained in French and I get really funny looks. Then I remember why other dogs wont listen to me. My daughter would get soooooooo mad when my parents Basset wouldnt 'couche'
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

ICE wrote:I train Ice in Dutch. I found the list of commands online and confirmed with my trainer (he is from holland). He corrected many of them and still laughs at me sometimes when I pronounce them. :lol:
Patty. It appears that your signature has fallen off your posts. :oops: If you go to your user panel, left top of your screen, maybe you would be willing to set it up again? So we can keep the whoiswho straight? ;)
icvanstra wrote:
Christie M wrote: Matt once said to me, "Do you think the people in Holland train their dogs in English just to be cool? NO."
Maybe in North Holland. In South Holland anything goes. In the the rest of The Netherlands they never would. :whistle:
Eric! :evil:
Everyone knows that if it is a Dutch shepherd, you have to train it in Dutch (and wear wooden shoes while doing so) That''s why I wouldn't get a Polish sheepdog. I could only speak Polish if I were thoroughly drunk. :hic:
GreatRembrandt wrote:ohh thank u! But nobody use italian?? We have: heel=piede, sit=seduto, lay down=terra, voraus=avanti, bring=porta, stay=resta, gib laut=abbaia, attack=attacca, aus=lascia, helper=figurante, such=cerca, hier=vieni
See? Now Eli makes me want an Italian dog. What choices do I have? Italian Greyhound? Napolitan Mastiff? What else? :player: (beautiful commands! I am having fun just trying them out. Pronto! Vieni! )
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

we have bolognese, lagotto romagnolo, cane corso, pastore maremmano abruzzese, cirneco dell'etna, bracco italiano (soo beautiful)... :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Pictures plrease! (of all those breeds. I don't recognize a lot of them, but maybe I know them by their English or Dutch names, not the Italian ones) 8-)
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

i promise tomorrow from a real pc i put all the pics!! :)
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Cool!
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

GreatRembrandt wrote:i promise tomorrow from a real pc i put all the pics!! :)
OOOOOh, I'm excited too.

I love how the Italian words sound. Judith, would I be banned from all cool things Dutch Shepherd if I trained my next dog in Italian???
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Christie M wrote:I love how the Italian words sound. Judith, would I be banned from all cool things Dutch Shepherd if I trained my next dog in Italian???
Noooo, I would come listen to you instead. :wtg:
Pronouncing Eli's commands makes me feel like I am on vacation, enjoying Italian cuisine with a bottle of chianti outside a bungalow in Tuscany, are you kidding? 8-)

http://quillin-consulting.com/2011/04/1 ... g/tuscany/
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

the dogs world is very strange, usually people learn as first words of a new language all the bad words... We learn commands. :D
...but i could also tell you all the bad words in italian of course.. We are a angry nation,expecially when we drive!
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

But even when an Italian is screaming at you (as long as you're not Italian yourself and don't understand enough ofthe language) it sounds charming. ;)
I can help you with your Dutch commands. But the Dutch don't have curse words :player: so I couldn't teach you those. :g_wink:
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

a BRACCO ITALIANO
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

Image a BOLOGNESE
GreatRembrandt
Puppy

Post by GreatRembrandt »

PASTORE BERGAMASCO

MALTESE

PASTORE MAREMMANO ABRUZZESE

CIRNECO DELL'ETNA

CANE CORSO

LAGOTTO ROMAGNOLO
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by vneerland »

Oh wow! I did not know about the existence of the lagotto and the cirneco. The latter looks a bit like a pharaoh hound to me. Does anyone else maybe recognize them, and their English names? I have the feeling that I am missing the obvious. Cool collection, thanks Eli. 8-)

edit. Even for the others that I do know, I am drawing some blanks on the English names. :oops:
Help, anyone?
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

I know the cirneco as a Podenco? Or is that a different breed? :oops:

On Italian, we used to have a Finnish girl at the schutzhund club, she had lived in Italy before coming to Germany. She had 2 dogs, a Doberman "Dolce" that was raised in Finnish, and a Rottweiler mix that was trained in Italian, so I knew the "seduto" and "Vieni", sounds very nice :mrgreen: I also like the French commands "assiz" = sit and "au Pied" for heel 8-)

On the dog breeds, I know the Dutch names Judith :mrgreen:

PASTORE BERGAMASCO= Bergamask
PASTORE MAREMMANO ABRUZZESE= herder van de Maremmen
the other names are the same overhere, I saw a Lagotto at a show once I think, aren't they good Truffel-hounds?

Ow, and I train my dogs in Dutch with some German words, like "pak", which is also a Dutch word and means "get it" and the whole blabla you say to the helper I do in German, as it is kind of stupid to speak Dutch to a German helper...Well, I think so anyway, there are many who don't... :mrgreen:

I would love to hear some of you on video pronouncing the Dutch commands tho :lol: :D