2013 Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

2013 Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals

Post by Schlussdibusti »

The WDSA nationals are this weekend. Our forum member Jenny Thorp with Force (IPO 3) got 91 in tracking today! :cheer:

Jenny, good luck for tomorrow's obedience and protection !
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Vhyran
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Hello there! I own a white german shepherd and a 1 year old Dutch shepherd called "Wega" He's my workind dog and I'm working in a Security Company for Events :)

Re: 2013 Working Dutch Shepherd Nationals

Post by Vhyran »

Awesome! Congratulations!
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

Awww !
Thankyou for thinking of us :D

Force was ill Saturday night and not himself for Ob and Pro on Sunday ( extra wild :twisted: )
The weather was an additional challenge for all as WA was hit with a wild storm front and we appeared to be trialing in a monsoon :shock:
Even so, we managed to squeak through both routines and Force earnt his 5th IPO3 title :D

He placed 4th out of the IPO3 dogs, and was 3rd place IPO3 Dutch Shepherd.

He did earn High HOT Dutch Shepherd !!!!!!!!!
( HOT = Handler Owner Trained )
So has a nice plaque for the wall :D

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Wahoo! Congrats!
Sue (and Sugar)

Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Congrats, great job! :hail: (I know how much hart work goes into it :pint: )

I saw on the trial's website, that they changed the schedule to be able to finish the trial before afternoon, i.e. when the heavy rain was forecasted.

Our trainer, Phil Hoelcher, with his dog Lux had bad luck with the weather too the weekend earlier at the DVG Nationals in Oregon. It poured during the long down and the dog got up to shake. It cost him the championship. Three more points and he would have won. 97-82-97. :stickman:

How can you proof a dog for that?. May be hosing them down during the long down. :eek:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Brindle
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Loving life in Oregon with some AMAZING Dutch Shepherds !

UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3 (x5), FH2, AD, TDX, OSP, L2C, CGC, CD, APR1, TDU, NW3-C, NW3-E, NW3-V, NW3-I, NW3 Elite, ELT1, NA, NF, L3I, TG-N, TN-N, NAJ, VCD1, CSL1- F, CSL1-H, ELT2, L1E, CA, L2E, ELT3, ELT-CH, L3V, K9 Blood Donor
Vrijheid's Qahlua (Vodka) IPO3, L2I, L3C, NW3V, NW3C, NW3E. NW3I, L3E, NJP, NAP, OFP, NW3 Elite, L2V, TD
Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( youngster in training )

Post by Brindle »

I was a spectator at the DVG Nationals :D
Didn't know your trainer would be there.
Phil trialed 2 dogs. That's amazing. I've a hard enough time handling one :?

Phil was lucky, the weather in OR that weekend was SO nice compared to what hit WA the following weekend. Wonder what the GSD would have done on the down in the WA monsoon downpour ?

Dogs will be dogs, cann't blame them for shaking when drenched.
Wonder how many points he lost on the long down ?
No critiques were given at the DVG Nationals, they just announced a score and went on to the next dog/handler team.
Missed hearing what the judges saw and liked/disliked from each team.

Anyone else from your group there ?
There was a really nice Am.Bulldog and a Rott there too.

We got nice long detailed critiques at the WDSA Championship :D
Always good to learn from.
UWP Vrijheid's Force IPO3,FH2,AD,TDX,OSP,L2C,CGC,CD,APR1,TDU,NA,NF,L3I,TG-N,TN-N,NAJ,VCD1,CSL1-F,CSL1-H,L1E,CA,L2E, ELT-CH,L3V

Vrijheid's Qahlua IPO3,L2I,L3CI,L3E,NJP,NAP,OFP,NW3 Elite,L2V,TD

Van Kracht's Absolut Fury ( in training )
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

He was the only one from our group in Miami this year.

Since judging on the national level is much tougher than at a local trial, the long down was probably a total loss. Lux also missed the jump back at the retrieve over the hurdle, too much speed and wasn't able to get back over it. :stickman:

Phil is absolutely amazing and a training work-a-holic. He won the DVG Nationals last year with Lux, the year before with Crash. Heck, he won the DVG Nationals 9 times with 7 different dogs. He also trains dogs and animals for movies and TV shows. He was one of the dog trainers in the movie "Snowdogs", his Rottweiler was in the Dark Knight 3, he was the dog handler for "Burn Notice" and the list goes on and on.

Marco and I need the best help we can get. :whistle: We are driving about 2.5 hours one way to train with Phil on the weekend. I am so grateful he even put's up with us. I told him, I would like to participate with Marco in next years' DS Nationals in Tennessee. He said "oh boy" and :roll: . We will see, we have a year to train. :pint:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida