First time training in snow

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
kimkim
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.

First time training in snow

Post by kimkim »

Just got done training with snow on the ground, it didnt make a difference for her, but I need to buy some proper snow gear my toes and fingers were frozen! We even took a two month break due to my schedule or laziness... :) She worked like we had been training all along, I am so proud of her. I forgot to take pictures, I am mad at myself...
Kim
ImageEmberImageDukeImageBabalu
asheleylane
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Asheley Winters, have had Dutch Shepherds for 12+ years!

Re: First time training in snow

Post by asheleylane »

Hey Kim,
Glad you found a club out in the East to work with! Are you able to stay with French Ring?
I have to say, even after many years I still have trouble staying warm at training - go to Sierra Trading Post to get some quality outdoor gear at discounts, it makes all the difference! Did you see the photos from the UPS Ring trial last winter? We had to shovel snow to make the lines, instead of marking chalk and our judges gift was thermal underwear LOL. Miserable!
Asheley
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

maybe get another dog, mine always makes me sweat no matter how cold it is :roll: :D
asheleylane
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Asheley Winters, have had Dutch Shepherds for 12+ years!

Post by asheleylane »

Haha Marjolein, you are right - I do sweat during the time I am out working a dog, but it is the much longer time standing and waiting for the other club members/dogs to work!
kimkim
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have a 3yr old dutchie that I titled to FR1, and had to switch to PSA due to a military move.

Post by kimkim »

asheleylane wrote:Hey Kim,
Glad you found a club out in the East to work with! Are you able to stay with French Ring?
I have to say, even after many years I still have trouble staying warm at training - go to Sierra Trading Post to get some quality outdoor gear at discounts, it makes all the difference! Did you see the photos from the UPS Ring trial last winter? We had to shovel snow to make the lines, instead of marking chalk and our judges gift was thermal underwear LOL. Miserable!
Asheley
I havent been able to find any ring clubs close enough to me :cry: So now we are trying PSA. She is doing good with it so far. Plan to trial in May for PSA1. All her ring training made it easy to switch over, with the exception of all the different crazy objects the decoys hold or throw, but she is getting use to that too.
I did not see the photos, are they online somewhere?
Kim
asheleylane
Puppy

Post by asheleylane »

They are posted to the YahooGroup - I think it is open to viewing. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UtahPSK9/ ... bum/0/list
kimkim
Puppy

Post by kimkim »

asheleylane wrote:They are posted to the YahooGroup - I think it is open to viewing. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UtahPSK9/ ... bum/0/list
i just tried to look, members only to see photos.
Kim