Police K9 prospect

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
j-foxworth696
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a Police K9 handler and have owned and trained hunting dogs since I was a child. Dogs have always been a part of my family up bringing as far back as my grandfather. I am interested in purchasing and training my own Police K9 from a pup, preferably a dutchie, and am looking forward to any information I can obtain from this forum.

Police K9 prospect

Post by j-foxworth696 »

Hello, I am new to this forum but have read several posts online from it. I am a Police K9 handler in Texas and am looking to purchase a puppy as a dual purpose prospect. I have a GSD currently and he is a great partner but this Texas heat is hard on him and I like the dutchies I have seen perform. Any help finding a good breeder who raises these types of bloodlines would be greatly appreciated. I've heard good things about Kole Mountain Kennels but I can't get in touch with anyone there. Thanks in advance.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Re: Police K9 prospect

Post by Raven »

Try Seven Pines in Texas. Judith works a lot with departments.

Also, Christie and Matt at Northwoods K9 in Michigan. They, too, work a lot with departments.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
johninny
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: DS and Mal foster newly approved aug'12 by NADSR and ABMCR. high-functioning Autistic in nyc/hamptons in my 60's. Rescued the smartest dog i had ever seen off nyc street in 2000. Tracedog's intelligence exceeded by multiples my judgement that day. My first [and only as of 10/2012] dog turned out to be a DS, perhaps with a touch of something else, but attention to detail, behavioral traits, and physical habits, movement, and skill identical to DS. But MUCH more intellectual ability. supremely confident in all settings, fearless, very outgoing and social with people and friendly with dogs. Seldom apart in over 12 years, Trace Dog was the most important relationship of my adult life; he was my partner. He died july17,2012. i am dying without him. www.youtube.com/tracesobaka www.dogster.com/dogs/637612

Post by johninny »

Sharon, i know you did not mean to type MI, but i think i know why you did.

Christie Meyer, Northwoods K9 / Thunderhawk is in Tennessee. as stated, both Christie and Judith at 7 Pines [TX] have the very best reputations for good reason.
John & DS rscus TRACE DOG,99-12; fstr7yoCain,8-9/12; Xander(3/12)11/12-2/13; SAKIMA (b.4/12)from11/12; TxXANDER (b.2/13)from5/13; direct from CherCar: TRACER (b.5/4/13). http://www.youtube.com/sakimadoggy http://www.youtube.com/tracesobaka
j-foxworth696
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I am a Police K9 handler and have owned and trained hunting dogs since I was a child. Dogs have always been a part of my family up bringing as far back as my grandfather. I am interested in purchasing and training my own Police K9 from a pup, preferably a dutchie, and am looking forward to any information I can obtain from this forum.

Post by j-foxworth696 »

Thank you both for your suggestions, I'll be looking into each as soon as possible. I really appreciate it. It's not difficult to find adults but well bred puppies can be a little more challenging at times.
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

:doh: Yes, I know Christie's in TN...she's FROM MI and my brain was clearly stuck on that for some reason. Thanks, John. ;)
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~
Owned-By-Hendrix
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dutch Shepherd Owner.

Post by Owned-By-Hendrix »

Talk to Chris from Bunkerdogs. He has a litter coming up that should have some nice police prospects in it. He knows what's what for police dogs.
Kay, H, and The SO
(Pepper's Look-A-Like)
(Tyson's Soul Twin)