Competing with an unregistered dog?

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Jaykrysten
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Nova is a Dutch shepherd training in agility, dock jumping, and french ring

Competing with an unregistered dog?

Post by Jaykrysten »

My dutchie is unregistered. She has great drive and has been doing great in training. We've been working with the local French Ring dog club but they will only do so much with her unless we start competing. Is it possible to complete and get titles with a dog that is unregistered?
Jordyn
Nova - Dutch Shepherd
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Competing with an unregistered dog?

Post by ICE »

I am not sure about French ring but IPO you can. You have to join the Working Dutch Shepherd association then apply for a scorebook through them. They will require pictures of your dog or a UKC/AKC PAL registration. Again, this applies to IPO but I would guess there would be a similar option for French ring.
Patty and Ice
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

I used to do fR and no, they have to be registered and in tact. they check the tattoes
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Mark77
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Own a Mal and a Dutchie.

Post by Mark77 »

PSA doesn't care if your dog is registered or not. It's also the hardest dog sport to attain a title in. As my trainer once said; "he could title a nervy dog all the way to Schutzhund 3 but that same dog couldn't even pass PSA 1."

http://psak9.org/