After only three weeks!

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
DaHawaiianDS
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Proud owner of Kapena (DS), Shorty (Senior Dachshund), and Ember (dsh cat)

After only three weeks!

Post by DaHawaiianDS »

Today we met with the APA club. We were doing bite work and box work. Kapena has shown little drive and been mostly uninterested until now. This is his first bite on a jute bite pillow. And his first bite ever on the sleeve! After watching dog after dog get brought out, and get to work, to quote our trainer, it just clicked!

We know there are a few corrections that need to be made. He shouldn't be pulling, he should be pushing forward. We were concerned he wasn't showing much drive, but he was just planning his Aha moment! 😅

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Y3ZWcJTZYoqcqh12
Proud Pack Mama of Shorty (Doxie, IVDD Senior), Ember (DSH Dilute calico once feral), and Kapena (DS puppers, snarky back talker extraordinaire)
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: After only three weeks!

Post by centrop67 »

That is really great. It must be really satisfying to see this.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: After only three weeks!

Post by Dutchringgirl »

nice !
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage