Zoeys first time on bite sleeve

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Zoeys first time on bite sleeve

Post by borellar15 »

Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Re: Zoeys first time on bite sleeve

Post by centrop67 »

Go Zoey!
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Tyler Durden
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I have always had german shepherds but I am new to dutch shepherds. I hope to get a new pup shortly and look forward to learning and sharing my experience.

Post by Tyler Durden »

Are you the decoy here? I was always taught to never be my own dog's decoy.
borellar15
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Living in Austin, Texas with our dogs Zoey(DS), Henry (DS) and Tripper(labX). In college, I worked as a Handler and Assistant Manager of a training and daycare facility for 3 years where I've handled many working dogs. For the past 2 years I have been training Zoey and Henry and we have made some tremendous progress together.

Post by borellar15 »

Tyler Durden wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:28 am Are you the decoy here? I was always taught to never be my own dog's decoy.
Yea I mean it’s not ideal. But I was just seeing if she would even bite it. This was her first transfer from a tug to an actual bite sleeve. And when you get your first sleeve in the mail, you’re not gonna NOT try it out right? Haha but no I get what you’re saying. She also doesn’t show any aggression towards people or myself so I wasn’t real concerned and I’m not looking to compete in IPO or PSA or anything. She loves the sleeve she’s not aggravated at me or trying to bite me. But she’s actually in formal training for advanced obedience and protection now so I don’t have to do this myself anymore and I can continue to go back for club nights etc. but yea I would agree. I don’t think it’s ideal.

Once she gets the idea of what’s going on and it’s clear to her what her job is and what’s expected of her i wouldn’t be doing that at all. I would not do any hidden sleeve work or scenario stuff or anything like that with myself as the decoy trust me.
Image Image
Alex - Zoey(DS), Henry (DS), Tripper Lab mix. Austin, Texas