NARA Championships

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Jason Davis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I compete in FR and own a 4 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd named Sniper

Re: NARA Championships

Post by Jason Davis »

Well my little man won the 1st place FRIII NARA Cup. We competed against 6 other FRIII teams. I was very happy with his performance. He was the only DS in the FRIII class. It was a great trial!
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

Congratulations!!!! What great feat!
BTW~Do you have a picture of the momentous occasion? :dswink"
Lauren from Western NC
icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

CONGRATS!!!!!
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Jason Davis wrote:Well my little man won the 1st place FRIII NARA Cup. We competed against 6 other FRIII teams. I was very happy with his performance. He was the only DS in the FRIII class. It was a great trial!

YAY! I have been waiting for details! Congrats Jason!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

:stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman: :stickman:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
GSDNanny
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Dogs are my life, what can I say. GSDs primarily for nearly 50 years til bringing in my first DutchShep about 4 years ago. GSD rescue for 9 yrs, nearly 200 thru my home, rehabbed, adopted out. Been involved in AKC ob, herding, tracking, agility; Schutzhund-DVG; scent detection (HR-water)&narcotics, some patrol work. Mostly herding training at present on my little farm.

Post by GSDNanny »

Big CONGRATS to you and Sniper on achieving 1st place FRIII NARA Cup!! Job very well done. Proves the point - IF IT AINT DUTCH, IT AINT MUCH!!! AND....you can NEVER judge a book (or dog) by its cover my friend.

Denise Gatlin & Zip, Shooter & the K9 crew

Livin' in the deep south - Louisiana
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Congrats and love to see pics!
Sue (and Sugar)

k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Congratulations!!!
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

awesome! :P
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Jason Davis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I compete in FR and own a 4 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd named Sniper

Post by Jason Davis »

Hi everyone. For those who wanted to see pics of my ugly mutt, visit www.inhighdrive.com. Type in "Sniper" in the search bar. This is a professional photographer who was at the championships and also another trial I attended.
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

#203 and #209 :player: :dsrazz:

What is that orange thing in the decoy's hand?
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Its a gun. At the end of the exercise, the handler goes up to the decoy, gets the gun and puts it on the table.

Sniper is far from ugly!!!!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Its a gun.
Duh! Thanks :D

Was problably too late last night......... #203/#209 of the July pics of Jason & Sniper :whistle:

Great pics and presentation of the Ring Sport. Looks like a lot of more fun for the dog than Schutzhund. I'll start a thread to get your thoughts on it................
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

Congratulations!

Sniper is not ugly! How high is that jump, anyway?
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

CaroleBoaz wrote:Congratulations!

Sniper is not ugly! How high is that jump, anyway?

The hurdle is 1.2 meters. The palisade (wall) is 2.3 meters and the broad jump is 4.5 meters. To give you an idea of how high the wall is, I'm 6'2 and you can see how much taller it is than me.
Marjolein
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I'm a Dutchie myself ;-) but live in Germany with Johan and my two DS's Cobber-Dingo and Knivil (Dingo and Ivil to friends...)

Post by Marjolein »

Dutchringgirl wrote:Sniper is far from ugly!!!!!!!
hmm, are you trying to say something about Jason?? :? That is SO rude.... :whistle:

*ggggg* :dssmile:

Love the pics!!!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

Nice pics...and see, I told you there is no such thing as an ugly DS!!
Sue (and Sugar)

Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Marjolein wrote:
Dutchringgirl wrote:Sniper is far from ugly!!!!!!!
hmm, are you trying to say something about Jason?? :? That is SO rude.... :whistle:

*ggggg* :dssmile:

Love the pics!!!
Ohhhhh, I have AN awesome picture of Jason and he is not trying to be his cutest self in it. He is posing with a bottle of wine. Know what I'm talking about darling????
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

OH GOD!!!! That was a good night;-)
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog

Post by Schlussdibusti »

Christie M wrote:Ohhhhh, I have AN awesome picture of Jason and he is not trying to be his cutest self in it. He is posing with a bottle of wine.
Spill the beans Christie !!
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida