NARA Championships

KNPV, Schutzhund, Ring, PSA, etc - General Discussion
Forum rules
Use this forum for general discussion of Protection Sports. Please use the sub-forums for specific issues in the various phases.
Jason Davis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I compete in FR and own a 4 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd named Sniper

NARA Championships

Post by Jason Davis »

Are there any other Dutch Shepherds competing at the NARA Championships this year besides me?
Choochi
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: Love dogs and training.

Re: NARA Championships

Post by Choochi »

What about Trixie??
Choochi
Jason Davis
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: I compete in FR and own a 4 1/2 year old Dutch Shepherd named Sniper

Post by Jason Davis »

Good call Marta. I forgot about his half sister;-) See you in a few weeks!
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Hey Jason!
Would you be so kind as to pop over to the Intro section and tell all of our wonderful folks who you are. And maybe a picture or two. Sheesh! :roll: LOL
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

Good luck!

I almost named my puppy Trixie. Glad that I didn't. Sounds like there is already one out there kicking butt. Cute name though.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

Christie M wrote:Hey Jason!
Would you be so kind as to pop over to the Intro section and tell all of our wonderful folks who you are. And maybe a picture or two. Sheesh! :roll: LOL
If I was smart enough to figure out how to complete your request, I'd be all over it lol. Also, you and I both know that I own the ugliest Dutch Shepherd to ever walk the face of the earth, so I'm not a big picture taker of that mug ;-)
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder--or sometimes the owner.
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

alspyce wrote:Beauty is in the eye of the beholder--or sometimes the owner.
Well I own the dog and I'll be the first one to tell you there's no beauty there lol. I love him anyways though!
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

I hope to learn from other DS owners and share doggy experiences.

Post by Sugars Mom »

How can a Dutchie be ugly?
Sue (and Sugar)

icvanstra
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: .
Location: Broad Ripple - the coolest part of Indianapolis - sometimes Amersfoort

Post by icvanstra »

Jason Davis wrote:If I was smart enough to figure out how to complete your request, I'd be all over it lol. Also, you and I both know that I own the ugliest Dutch Shepherd to ever walk the face of the earth, so I'm not a big picture taker of that mug ;-)
Easy stuff Jason.

Create a post in the new membership area. Let everyone know who you are and maybe some history about you and your DS(s).

Also, take a look in the FAQ section for some How-to's...
Eric
  • - Cino vom Foxtal
    - Abigail NORML de Weijer (over the bridge)
    - Hannah the DS wanna be (over the bridge)
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

Sugars Mom wrote:How can a Dutchie be ugly?
I'll show you mine and that will answer all your questions lol
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

Ok, Jason. Now we HAVE to see him..... How bad could itbe??? :dsdoubt:
Lauren from Western NC
Schlussdibusti
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a DS

Post by Schlussdibusti »

The word "ugly" is only appropriate to describe humans, never animals. :dsangry:
Eva & Marco BH
Jupiter, Florida
Sugars Mom
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I adopted a Dutch Shepherd mix (without knowing what she was) from the SPCA here in Victoria BC and am now trying to learn everything I can about this breed. My husband and I work from home most of the time so I thought it was time to get a puppy! We have his 2 boys here half the time and we wanted a nice family dog.

Sugar looks like a miniature Dutch Shepherd with floppy ears, and has every ounce of DS traits in her little body!

Post by Sugars Mom »

Ha ha, I laughed out loud when I read your reply and my husband asked asked why I laughed. I told him someone posted that they had an ugly DS. His response was "how can a DS be ugly?"....exactly what I had posted, lol!
Sue (and Sugar)

Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

Ask Christie. She knows how ugly he is lol. I love him anyways though. If I was smart enough to post pics, I'd be all over it to prove my point. What he lacks in sexiness, he makes up for while working ;-)
alspyce
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am in New York State. Got my first DS about 14 years ago (more or less as a rescue- lost her in Nov.). After years of GSD's, and a few dogs of other breeds (Rotti/Beauceron/Ger. Shorthaired Pointer/ Yorkie and my current Jack Russell) I now have another DS, 4mo female, no name yet, tho I have a few in mind.
Also have a horse-old quarter horse mare-32.
Can't wait for all the snow to get gone! Spring is coming too slow this year!

Post by alspyce »

We're still waiting for the photo's. Can't be that bad!!!! :dssmile:
"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France
Chris Carlton/Lyric
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

It's not that bad....Jason is just mellow dramatic. Sniper works his butt of which makes him amazing to look at anyway, and when he sits still he's still a very handsome man. Good luck this weekend Jason! Make us all proud!
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Jason Davis
Puppy

Post by Jason Davis »

Christie M wrote:It's not that bad....Jason is just mellow dramatic. Sniper works his butt of which makes him amazing to look at anyway, and when he sits still he's still a very handsome man. Good luck this weekend Jason! Make us all proud!
Thanks Christie! We compete today so keep your fingers crossed.
kchristy
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: My name is Katrina, I have 1 dutch shepherd name Merlin. He is a handful and keeps things in our house very interesting and fun :)

Post by kchristy »

Awesome! Good luck!
Katrina, Soba, & Merlin
Sugars Mom
Working Dog

Post by Sugars Mom »

Good luck!
Sue (and Sugar)