Registering into AKC

Kels
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi guys! I'm Kels(ey). I'm fourteen years old an have fallen in love with the breed when I mt one three years ago when I met my cousins rescue boy. I studied them, and will continue!

I curretly dontown anything close t a Dutchi, but two and a half dogs.

Id first like to bring in Althea de les Chasseur, or as AKC/USDAA/NADAC knows her as KC's Identity Crisis. She's a sx year old (as of october 5th!) Epagneul Breton from field lines. We've been competing in agility for eight months. She's my little princess, and everything I could ask for in a dog!

Next, is my unborn puppy, who already has a name. Zoom, a working bred Border Collie from Culleymont Farm. (S)he will be coming home around May hopefully, and willbe training in obedience, agility, herding, ad dock diving.

Lastly, is my mom's dog Toby, or Shuffler's Bid according to USDAA. He's a Chihuahua mix, but thinks he'sa Great Dane! He's a spunky guy, and loves to spin, bark, and spin some more.

Registering into AKC

Post by Kels »

Anyone who competes in agility trials, how did you register your Dutchie with the American Kennel Club? Since they aren't recognized. Some people have told me that I can ILP them as a "brindle Mal"
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Registering into AKC

Post by Christie M »

AKC has a companion animal program, that yo can register them through.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
Kels
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hi guys! I'm Kels(ey). I'm fourteen years old an have fallen in love with the breed when I mt one three years ago when I met my cousins rescue boy. I studied them, and will continue!

Id first like to bring in Althea de les Chasseur, or as AKC/USDAA/NADAC knows her as KC's Identity Crisis. She's a sx year old (as of october 5th!) Epagneul Breton from field lines. We've been competing in agility for eight months. She's my little princess, and everything I could ask for in a dog!

Next, is my unborn puppy, who already has a name. Zoom, a working bred Border Collie from Culleymont Farm. (S)he will be coming home around May hopefully, and willbe training in obedience, agility, herding, ad dock diving.

Lastly, is my mom's dog Toby, or Shuffler's Bid according to USDAA. He's a Chihuahua mix, but thinks he'sa Great Dane! He's a spunky guy, and loves to spin, bark, and spin some more.

Post by Kels »

What breed would you put them in as?
I'd probably try the ILP thing at least, only since because I hope to be doing the JR EOJ in 2013/2014 with a few friends of mine, and they need that "purebred" listing.

I hate the UKC, AKC rival thing. -___-
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".
We train/compete in mondioring and agility.

Post by k9katet »

I registered mine in the Canine Partners Program. It's for mixed breeds and non-AKC purebreds. They have to be spayed or neutered but they would be to try to ILP them too.
Heather Sather & Mazikeen
http://www.k9katet.com
k9katet
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: We current own 1 Dutch Shepherd - ThunderHawk's Child of Lilith "Mazikeen"
And we have loved and lost 3 - Vrijheid's Amie "Vada", Vrijheid's Hafwen "Letty" and Sather's High On Life "Narcotic".

Post by k9katet »

What is JR EOJ?
Kels
Just Whelped

Post by Kels »

Junior European Open . Kinda like worlds, but the team's just founded by the juniors. It will be USA's first year this year. ILP'd dogs are allowed in, I believe as my friend's Boston is in.

My Epagneul Breton was registered in ILP without being fixed, haven't gotten called out for it yet.. :O
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

I know someone who's entered the European Open with her mixed breed. I don't know that he was registered with the AKC at that time either. Or is this an AKC/FCI event?
CaroleBoaz
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am currently the Secretary and Treasurer of the Dutch Shepherd Club of North America. We are the national breed club for Dutch Shepherds, and have the support of the Nederlandse Herdershonden Club in our endeavours to record the Dutch Shepherd breed in the United States and Canada through the American Kennel Club. dscna.com Join us on Facebook.

Post by CaroleBoaz »

If your dog is spayed/neutered, you can register it through the Companion program as a mixed breed.
Kels
Just Whelped

Post by Kels »

Ah didn't realize that they could have mixed breeds, I was told it was exactly like WTT/Worlds so I figured only purebreds.
k9katet
Training Dog

Post by k9katet »

Do you have the contact information for the coach of the team? If not, let me know and I can get it for you. They would be able to answer all your questions and help you prep.