Hilde's first trial

racingiron1
Green Dog
Tell us about yourself: Hilde is a rescue that we suspect is at least partially Dutch Shepherd.

Hilde's first trial

Post by racingiron1 »

I've been working with Hilde in agility classes for a while now, but we finally had our first trial a few weeks ago. It was a bit of a challenge at first ("Dad, why are we doing this in the morning rather than at night?" "What are all these strange people and dogs doing here?" "Who is that guy on the course?" "There are some unusual noises from that guy with the big camera over there!"). Luckily it was a very relaxed and lenient atmosphere (ASCA).

She jumped at 16" because she was too freaked out to get a decent measurement, and that's what I wanted to do anyway (we've been training mostly at 16" from the beginning). Even though she's very small by DS standards, I'm positive she'll measure over 18" and we've been recently training with 20" jump height. Anyway, here are some pictures:

Breaking the lights at the first jump:
trial_j301.jpg
Here you can see her staring directly at the camera as she hears the shutter on her very first run:
trial_r107.jpg
trial_j208.jpg
trial_j202.jpg
trial_j214.jpg
Tongue out concentration!
trial_r227.jpg
Big smile over the last jump!
trial_r233.jpg
Eric, Elizabeth, & Hilde
ICE
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I have a 12 week old dutch shepherd that my trainer got for me to train in schutzhund. This is my 1st dutch shepherd, I have always had german shepherds. Currently, I have 4 dogs.

Re: Hilde's first trial

Post by ICE »

Very nice!!!! I also do agility with my Dutch, ICE. It is a fun activity for building teamwork. Enjoy!!!
Patty and Ice
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Raven
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: .

Post by Raven »

So glad you both are enjoying it! Love the second pic.
Though I can only hope to become the person who my animals believe I am, the things that they have taught me have made me a better human being. ~~~Sharon~~~