Possible Dutch Female in NC at a No Kill Shelter

mariposa34
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Tai, Mom of 1 year old beautiful Raven FYI she has no OFF SWITCH! And 8 year old cutie pie Terra the West Highland Terrier aka The Fun Police or Officer Grumpy Tail.

Possible Dutch Female in NC at a No Kill Shelter

Post by mariposa34 »

Hi all I was cruising the no kill shelter Halo and came across what appears to be a Dutch Female. They are saying she is a Belgian Malinois mix but she looks pretty Dutch to me. Anyone out there can take a look or maybe rescue? Good news is it's a no kill shelter. Her name is Zeva. I wish I could go and scoop her up :cry: but I am not allowed in any place where animals are adoptable......my husband won't let me :whistle:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23416420
Tai, mom of Terra ( 8yr old F. Westie) and Raven (9mnth old F. Dutch)
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Re: Possible Dutch Female in NC at a No Kill Shelter

Post by Christie M »

I think this girl was adopted right out of the shelter.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
mariposa34
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Tai, Mom of 1 year old beautiful Raven FYI she has no OFF SWITCH! And 8 year old cutie pie Terra the West Highland Terrier aka The Fun Police or Officer Grumpy Tail.

Post by mariposa34 »

Oh I hope so I even posted the link to her on FB on the Dutch Shepherd Rescue forum. I figured I had to try something right? It kills me to see any animal in any of these places. I want to rescue them all! Maybe one day I will either get to work in a no kill shelter or foster. I've already told my husband that when we get a bigger house/yard I am going to adopt an older foster dog so they can live out a happy life instead of being put out for not being cute and young anymore. I guess I'm what you call a bleeding heart :roll:
mariposa34
Puppy

Post by mariposa34 »

Nope she is still there :cry:
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

At least it is a no kill shelter. That does not mean that she does not deserve her own forever home, but that she is relatively safe until she gets out. :wtg:
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
Lauren
Training Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am a wife, mother of 2 kids, 3 cats, 1 Standard Poodle (10 yrs) and Xena, a Dutch Shepherd Puppy.

Post by Lauren »

Didn't they decline NADSR's help? Se was one of the trainer's favorites and she got worked every day? I am pretty sure I was lined up to foster her, but they didn't want to let her go. :)
Lauren from Western NC
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Post by vneerland »

Lauren wrote:Didn't they decline NADSR's help? Se was one of the trainer's favorites and she got worked every day? I am pretty sure I was lined up to foster her, but they didn't want to let her go. :)
That's cool that you were willing to help Lauren. Thanks! 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image