6 month old Liberty needs a loving home! Chicago, IL

kwitas
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have just taken in a rescue and need to find her a home. I also want to learn more about this breed to better help her and to possibly adopt a dutch since from what I've heard and seen a dutch may fit my lifestyle perfectly when the timings right! It'll be a few years before I'm ready for another dog.

6 month old Liberty needs a loving home! Chicago, IL

Post by kwitas »

Liberty has now been with me for 2 weeks and is up to date on shots, deworming and flea treatment/prevention and heart guard.

I went to a new clients house to give a lesson and found Lib skinny, flea infested, and afraid of her own shadow. Thru talking for 3 hours with the owner she has NEVER left her 6 by 6 outside run. She hasn't had a collar, leash, any social interactions at all.

She was NEVER abused just VERY undersocialized and owners who thought this breed would just be a good outside guard dog on her own.

Once I took her out of the kennel you could really see the damage done to her young body. She has scabbed elbows, bare points of her rear and open sores from laying on hard ground.

All that being said in 2 short weeks Liberty has improved with leaps and bounds and from day one never lost her nose. She is a born drug, search and rescue or something along those lines dog! She needs an owner that will continue to habituate her to everything in the world and help her gain confidence with scent work. She is being started in the new dog sport nose work already. I try and work her 3 times a day on "finds".

The most psoitive thing with liberty is she has no bad experinces with people just no good ones either. She will come around and has been evaluated by 3 dog professionals. Myself, a behaviorist and another trainer. We all feel she will quickly recover and be an amazing and FUN working dog. With me she is spunky, a little fiesty, and willing to overcome most anything. We do a confidence course with ladders, a frame, tunnels and such each day.

She is OKAY with other dogs. I haev 2 border collies and a boxer. My boxer is older and she completely respects her. my two borders do not play with other dogs, they ball with balls, tugs and ignore others. She despratly wants to play with them and can't read their body language to leave them alone. She is being rewarded for responding with calming signals and since I manage a doggy daycare will slowly start being introduced to the enviroment.

Sorry to write so much but I want someone that is intrested in her to fully understand her personality and what she needs.

She is located on the north side of chicago, IL to the right home I'm willing to drive at most 6 hours. There is no rush in her finding a forever home she is in a safe and stable enviroment. If intrested you can either email or give me a call at 847 769 1632
Kate Witas owned by Zeba's White Warrior CGC, CD boxer, Winn-Dixie's Charmed Life CGC, FD, FDX border collie, Scout's Kinky Boy CGC SD FD tripawd border collie and my numerious fosters
vneerland
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: *

Re: 6 month old Liberty needs a loving home! Chicago, IL

Post by vneerland »

Welcome here Kate. Could you also post a short intro in the new member section?
How good of you to try to find a loving home for a deserving dog. Is he a DS? If so, have you tought about sponsoring the dog and involving North American Dutch Shepherd Rescue? They might be able to help with a courtesy posting, if she is indeed a DS and if you are placing, not selling her. 8-)
ImageJudith Van Neerland Dutch Shepherds Image
felixone123
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: Rescued our first DS male on Dec 27, 2011. Approx 4 yrs. Rescued from NADSR. His name is Odin. Adopted a 2nd DS from NADSR June 27, 2012. Kai - 6 months.

Post by felixone123 »

Welcome to you and Liberty!! Glad she is with you now!! Post some pics so we can see her.
Barbara, Odin & Kai
kwitas
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: I have just taken in a rescue and need to find her a home. I also want to learn more about this breed to better help her and to possibly adopt a dutch since from what I've heard and seen a dutch may fit my lifestyle perfectly when the timings right! It'll be a few years before I'm ready for another dog.

Post by kwitas »

I have talked to DS rescue and they are going to post her in a few places. She is being adopted out under contracts that doesn't mean I'm giving her away but she has a very fair adoption fee.
Here are some photos..... actually how do I make the photo's smaller?
Kate Witas owned by Zeba's White Warrior CGC, CD boxer, Winn-Dixie's Charmed Life CGC, FD, FDX border collie, Scout's Kinky Boy CGC SD FD tripawd border collie and my numerious fosters
kwitas
Just Whelped

Post by kwitas »

Libby is pending adoption.
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Post by Dutchringgirl »

Such great news!!!
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage