Possible DS at animal control Indiana

Boogies
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Greetings from Wisconsin. I live on a small goat farm with a crazy Malinois, named Rocket, that I adopted 5 years ago. I rent the goats out for weed and brush control and Rocket saves me hours a day, herding goats into barns and trailers and watching the gates as I move between pens. He also pulls a little red sled with whatever I need hauled. Rocket's the 14th dog I've adopted since I used to prowl the shelters for fast dogs for my sled team. One of my sled dogs may have been a DS mix. She had the look and energy but was a solid black with white toes. Rocket is currently an only dog so we go skijoring instead of sledding.

Possible DS at animal control Indiana

Post by Boogies »

Animal Care and Control in Hammond, Indiana has a year old, male, brindle "shepherd mix" named Zander for adoption. They are a kill shelter but he's not in immediate danger . He is dog aggressive and has attacked a female Malinois but I don't know the circumstances. With 29 brand new baby goats, a very non-aggressive Malinois and no way to keep them apart, I have to pass on him. If I was closer, I would, at least, go check him out.

Hammond is just east of the Illinois border and about a half hour south of the Chicago border. Zander is listed on Petfinder. The shelter number is: (219) 629-6235. His adoption fee is really low, like $10 or something like that.