(Chicago) Lynda's Human Companion Died; Needs a New One

tedalbud
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My 85-year-old neighbor recently died so now I am trying to find a new home for her DS dog, Lynda. Lynda is 8 years old (and spayed). I can't "adopt" her because I already have a full house.

(Chicago) Lynda's Human Companion Died; Needs a New One

Post by tedalbud »

Lynda's 85-year-old human companion recently died, so she is in desperate need of a new pal. Lynda is an 8-year-old (spayed) long-haired Dutch Shepherd. She obviously misses her previous owner, but I feel confident that after a period of adjustment with a (patient) new owner she will prove to be a loyal and loving companion. She is not an incessant barker, but does have a "territorial" bark. She has never been around children or other pets so I doubt she would do well in either environment. I walk Lynda three times a day and hang out with her whenever I can, but I have two dogs and a cat of my own so I cannot "adopt" Lynda. We are on the northwest side of Chicago but I would be more than happy to bring Lynda wherever (within reason, of course!) if you or someone you know would be interested in meeting her. Please spread the word for Lynda; she is such a sweet dog and she deserves a good, loving home. loneil12@yahoo.com Thanks.
Attachments
Lynda.JPG
Lynda.JPG (108.4 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
Lynda 2 - Copy.jpg
Lynda 2 - Copy.jpg (96.79 KiB) Viewed 2520 times
tedalbud
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: My 85-year-old neighbor recently died so now I am trying to find a new home for her DS dog, Lynda. Lynda is 8 years old (and spayed). I can't "adopt" her because I already have a full house.

Re: (Chicago) Lynda's Human Companion Died; Needs a New One

Post by tedalbud »

photo(6).JPG
photo(6).JPG (115.74 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
Here are more pictures of Lynda!
Attachments
photo(8).JPG
photo(8).JPG (122.92 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
Christie M
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: Love my striped beasts.

Post by Christie M »

Beautiful pictures. I am so glad she got to enrich someone's life.

Is she being called a long haired dutch shepherd based on known pedigree? Or assumption based on look? The reason I ask is that most LH are FCI and the breed club would absolutely step up and help an FCI dog. But based on the pictures, I am having a hard time placing her.
Christie Meyer
http://www.northwoodsk9.com
http://www.dutchshepherdrescue.org
http://www.thunderhawkcanine.com

Be proud of the things that you have taught your dog. Be humbled and grateful for all of the things that your dog has taught you. - Unknown
tedalbud
Just Whelped

Post by tedalbud »

Thanks for your post, Christie. My neighbor rescued Lynda from an abusive owner when the dog was about one year old. We have no way of knowing Lynda's actual make-up. My use of the words "long-haired" was only meant to describe her hair length. Please forgive me if my post was misleading in any way.
LH, SH, pedigree, mix, etc. aside...bottom line: Lynda needs a home.
tedalbud
Just Whelped

Post by tedalbud »

I just viewed many pictures of long-haired Dutch Shepherds and I must say that Lynda looks VERY much like all of the DS I saw.
That said, I will take more photos, this time outside for better lighting, in order to try and present what I now feel confident to be true: Lynda IS a long-haired DS.