Purebred?

VanillaBean
Just Whelped
Tell us about yourself: Hello fellow dutchie lovers :-)

Purebred?

Post by VanillaBean »

Hey everyone :) I'm new here so I hope my post is in the right spot.

I'm looking to adopt a DS soon but I'm wondering if the dog I'm interested in is actually a purebred. Originally I was wanting a Malinois but they're very hard to come across in my area so I'm looking at DSDs now. This beautiful guy is currently up for adoption. The rescue says he's purebred but I feel like he isn't as his back is almost completely black and he doesn't have a black mask. He's also almost 26 inches tall, instead of only 24. I don't mind adopting a mix but I would just really like a purebred.

No worries, I've been researching the breed for quite some time and I'm aware they need a lot of exercise; physically as well as mentally. I'm in the process of becoming a certified dog trainer and my goal is to eventually train protection dogs, search and rescue dogs and bomb/drug detection dogs so I'm trying to get my first working dog now.

I'm really curious on what you guys think about this guy!
Attachments
j309429-3.pic.jpg
untitled2.png
untitled.png
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Purebred?

Post by Dutchringgirl »

If anything he may have some GSD in him to give him the black saddle color and no mask. But he still should be able to do what you want.
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage