Rescue, Boarding, Training Facilities

centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Rescue, Boarding, Training Facilities

Post by centrop67 »

I am considering a business opportunity, and I want to understand what it means to be top notch.

I am looking to see if anyone can recommend what they consider to be first class rescue, boarding, and/or training organizations with a focus on the facilities (property, kennels, organization of staff, etc.).

They don't have to be DS, they can be breed neutral or any other type of breed.

They can be anywhere in the U.S., but I might also consider looking at facilities outside the U.S.
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
Dutchringgirl
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tell us about yourself: I am a mom of 6 life forces - 2 kids and 3 dogs 1 hamster. I live in Ct. I have trained Ringsport and Agility and have 2 DS, one 15 and 7 and a Basset Hound Cookie who is 2

Re: Rescue, Boarding, Training Facilities

Post by Dutchringgirl »

do you want to open one or buy an existing one?

there is an A1 boarding facility by me Martas vineyard boarding. what stands out for me is the cleanliness of the place AND staff. the woman behind the desk is always clean, hair done, makeup and to me that shows she cares. when the girls come to take the dogs, they are also clean and put together. ill write more later, typing wit one hand sucks
Lisa, Thalie CGC & Sadie, Cookie the Basset, CT
ImageImage
Dree_19
Puppy
Tell us about yourself: Sporting a 3 pack on New England's coast.

Post by Dree_19 »

In any successful small business the key is a hands on, present and involved owner. (Speaking from experience). In this industry especially, at the beginning stages, you are the face and the reputation of the place people are going to leave their most prized possessions for care. A prime example of this... Look up K9 Gunner Tactical online on Instagram or Facebook. I've been a follower of his account before he started his business. A supreme example of an owner run, operated and self established facility. His pride in ownership shows, his love of dogs shows, his passion and pride in what he does shows. There are many amazing training/boarding facilities around, a few that leave much to be desired. Do some research, visit some in your area, ask questions, and ask yourself if you would leave your dogs there and why/why not. That's a start... good luck in your reasearch!
"West" (Vrijheid's Xtreme DOB 4/9/17)
"Easton" (DDR GSD DOB 5/18/17)
"Chase" (Yorkanian?)
RIP Rocco & Lia GSD
centrop67
Site Admin
Site Admin
Tell us about yourself: Owned by Hondo and Mustang - two MAD rescue dogs.

Post by centrop67 »

Dutchringgirl wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm do you want to open one or buy an existing one?
Not sure yet.
Dutchringgirl wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:41 pm Martas vineyard boarding
I believe I found their website - very informative - thanks. :wtg:
Michael
Location - Cutler Bay, FL USA
Image RIP: Leela, Radar, Tequila, and Snickers
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
TimL_168
Working Dog
Tell us about yourself: I am: a father of 2 boys, a carpenter, hunter, runner. We have extensive experience with sled dogs, shepherd mixes, a wolf hybrid, and our current dog a 95# long haired Shiloh Shepherd. We added Endeavor in April 2016. She was not working out in HRD. I train for game recovery and general utility.

Post by TimL_168 »

Hmmmm...
The Service Industry...I've been a carpenter, interacting with clients in one way shape or form, for almost ¼ century. The overwhelming majority of folks are reasonable, assuming I'm able to start the relationship off with them having complete confidence in ME, regardless of who I'm working for. I'll write more later. Gotta run
Tim L.
Aurora(Shiloh) Endeavor